Notifications
Clear all

3030 Deathwar Redux

Page 2 / 2

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

System map should be bigger and brighter with maybe some icons for the stations, derelicts and asteroids ect, also the have the ship as small blue triangle as you would be able to tell which direction the ship is pointed in.

Any chance of mining the comets which show up in the map?.

ReplyQuote
CrunchyLeafGame
(@crunchyleafgame)
Petty Officer Registered

Thanks for the feedback. We've talked through these points internally and have already made some changes!

1. During wreckage salvaging when I'm inside a derelict ship, everything is too dark. I understand why, but still it's too dark imo. That drone could be used not only for scanning but could also provide more light, or add a brightness and contrast in game options. Also the gun control is horrible. Please add a mouse control for that weapon. Also the things you salvage could disappear instead of still floating around. I understand the empty salvages floating. Increase salvage value, it's not very profitable, add some better salvageable things like weapons, guns, systems, even quests etc.

2. Mining should be available from the beginning of the game.

3. Mission waypoints. When accepting mission it gives you coordinates, but if a system is undiscovered you can't select that system as a waypoint. Then I have to manually look for coordinates if it's near or far, then I can decide if I want to accept it especially at the beginning of the game. Also if you use sector map (button C) and then leave the system it will still show the previous system map and it won't disappear and when entering the new system it won't show the new system. In the map when you're in the system map and leave a system it wont go into galaxy map automatically and vice versa.

I'll add more later.

Your point 1:

We tried lightening derelicts up a bit, it should be visible in the next patch, and the drone now spreads green light as well.

We're working on Mouse controls for this section, although it isn't that easy as there is a lot of visual animation needed to make it look right.

Objects disappearing when collected is still an option and being discussed.

Increasing salvage value is probably going to happen, but is still in discussion.

2:

I'm not sure what you mean, mining is available right from the start. All you need is a tractor beam and a ship with some cargo and you can go out and mine an asteroid field. Or do you mean the mining scanners?

3:

Mission waypoints: We're adding map markers for active missions in the next update, although this won't help when you're at a terminal and deciding if you should take a mission or not. We're still thinking about it, but haven't come up with a good solution yet.

Map functionality: You have some valid requests for a more dynamically self-updating map. The way we have now and probably want to keep it though is a more do-it-yourself style of map use and navigation.

System map should be bigger and brighter with maybe some icons for the stations, derelicts and asteroids ect, also the have the ship as small blue triangle as you would be able to tell which direction the ship is pointed in.

Any chance of mining the comets which show up in the map?.

Those are some good suggestions for the map. We're thinking about adding larger images to the map, but it would be a break in style as to how it is now, so needs to be carefully considered.

Mining the comet is a cool idea, now on our todo list! 🙂

ReplyQuote
CrunchyLeafGame
(@crunchyleafgame)
Petty Officer Registered

3. Mission waypoints. When accepting mission it gives you coordinates, but if a system is undiscovered you can't select that system as a waypoint. Then I have to manually look for coordinates if it's near or far, then I can decide if I want to accept it especially at the beginning of the game. Also if you use sector map (button C) and then leave the system it will still show the previous system map and it won't disappear and when entering the new system it won't show the new system. In the map when you're in the system map and leave a system it wont go into galaxy map automatically and vice versa.

Quick Update: I just added a button "show map" to each mission on the console. It will show you the map with a marker pointing to that mission's target system.

Thanks again for the feedback 🙂

ReplyQuote
McAule
(@mcaule)
Master Chief Registered

One annoying thing is down, several more to go.  Cheers btw 😉

-Edit-

And yes, one needs to be able to get all basic stuff to start mining like basic scanner etc. And for some it might not be clear that you only need a tractor beam and cargo space. At first I thought I needed some kind of mining laser...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Nice one Crunchy.

Just a couple of ideas about the comet mining, you could have an ROV set down on it to the mining or go the same way as you have done with the derelicts and have the player set up mining rigs on the comets surface. (I been watching Armageddon again.) 

Any chance of getting the slow docking again as an option.

ReplyQuote
CrunchyLeafGame
(@crunchyleafgame)
Petty Officer Registered

Nice one Crunchy.

Just a couple of ideas about the comet mining, you could have an ROV set down on it to the mining or go the same way as you have done with the derelicts and have the player set up mining rigs on the comets surface. (I been watching Armageddon again.) 

Any chance of getting the slow docking again as an option.

We would probably do the comet mining in a similar way to how asteroids are mined.

It can't be too complex, but it would be nice to reward those that discover comets with some juicy mining resources.

The slow docking is difficult to reactivate, as we've totally thrown it out of code when making the change. I wasn't aware of that and thought it might be easy to just flip back on. We'll keep it on the Nice-to-have list, so perhaps once day..

ReplyQuote
McAule
(@mcaule)
Master Chief Registered

New update is out guys:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/464360/announcements/detail/610630642171809419

Our voice has been heard too 😉 Cheers to the wonderful devs 😉

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Many fixes have been done to 3030 Deathwar Redux since its official release back in September. This is almost a new game with all of the changes:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/464360/announcements/

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

3030 Deathwar Redux just had a major update and the updates evolve around modding 🙂 Always like to see updates like these and you should see all that has been added:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/464360/announcements/detail/1666768506386563683
https://steamcommunity.com/games/464360/announcements/detail/1664518609192572899

http://3030deathwarredux.wikia.com/wiki/Modding

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Must say they have done a brilliant job, a lot more story content seems to have been added in this new version. And I still rate this as being the best 2D Elite clone out their.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

The game has had an update yesterday https://steamcommunity.com/games/464360/announcements/detail/1702818230677366569 and is currently on sale with 50% off.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2