Notifications
Clear all

Deathwar 3030

Songbird
(@songbird)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Two birds with one Stone... Hi all 😀 Passionate about all manner Space Sims and a big supporter of the Indie Scene- glad to find a site that may help find all of those indie gems bouncing around cyberspace 😀 Uhh, not to sure where to go from here... tell ya what, if you have questions about me, well, ask!

As for the subject of Deathwar 3030. I tracked this game during development, even wrote an online review of it and coughed-up hard earned $$$ for this game; don't get me wrong, the game was well-worth the cost.

However, hopped over to the games site at :

http://www.birdinsky.com/Bird_in_Sky/returningsoon.html

and found it is now been released as freeware

Deathwar is a top-down space sim, and very well done. You can avoid the main plot thread all together, or dive on into it- this is an open-ended trade, bounty-hunt, scavenge, complete with a vibrant and evolving universe- see attachment image and go on over and download! 😀 ![attachment=54:Clipboard01.jpg]

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Hi there Songbird

I have yet to play through this game personally but do have it downloaded to my machine and I will get to it. But I have heard good things from the people that have played it and hopefully the author will devote more time to Deathwar 3030 to expand it and refine it.

I have been thinking bout hosting the download here just in case that site goes down.

-D1-

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

Wow, what a game!

It's very similar to Transcendance in that it's a top-down Elite-a-like in space, but this game has bags more atmosphere. The music in particular is fantastic - my only complaint here is that there's just not enough of it! And I love that inside stations you're taken to a side-scrolling adventure-type screen, your character resembling either a young indy Jones or famed games reviewer, Yahtzee, on one of his more attractive days.

It's charming. lovely to listen to, engaging, personable, attractively presented, but also damned difficult early on. I keep getting pounced on by pirates. And not just any old pirates either, oh no! Somehow I keep attracting the attention of the Galaxy's Most Wanted! Needless to say my pathetic starting ship doesn't last long under his onslaught. 😉

When I find time I'm going to sit down and really get into this little gem. Two thumbs up!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Stardreamer wrote:
When I find time I'm going to sit down and really get into this little gem. Two thumbs up!

I made an official thread for 3030 Deathwar here: space-rpg-rts-f50/3030-deathwar-t409.html

I contacted the developer and he let SSC host the game and we even have the unreleased patch for the game and some mod help files and instructions to mod the game a little. So enjoy 🙂

ReplyQuote
Taishar
(@taishar)
Crewman Registered

Anyone know how to save a game? I see the load option but no save?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Taishar wrote:
Anyone know how to save a game? I see the load option but no save?

As far as I know you can only save when your on a station.

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

I haven't played the game in ages BUT...I'm STILL listening to the amazing soundtrack! I've really heard nothing else quite like it.

What a pity the game hasn't had any more development. Ah well. 😥

ReplyQuote
GUNSMIF
(@gunsmif)
Senior Chief Registered

might be quoting the obvious but you can not save if you have taken on a mission 🙂

ReplyQuote
GUNSMIF
(@gunsmif)
Senior Chief Registered

any mods on the go for this yet???

😕

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

You should be able to save on bases and I had a 3030 deathwar thread with some mod tools the dev gave to me. You cannot mod everything in the game but you could add quests and objects I believe.

ReplyQuote