Notifications
Clear all

Is there any known fix for the text issues?

FStyle
(@fstyle)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I'm trying to run this on Win 7 Home Premium, and having the garbled text issues that were apparently limited to Win 8 and Win 7 Ultimate (I guess home premium might just be ultimate with a different label, though). Is there any known fix for this, or at least a known cause?

Also another issue came up that I'm not sure is a bug or what. The stations seem to be busy basically forever, and sitting around spamming tab never gets any other response other than "try again in a few seconds". Maybe I just got unlucky but after 3 restarts and multiple different stations, I was never able to get them to say anything else.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Is this the version you are playing FStyle?

http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/files/file/978-3030-deathwar-with-clgmod/

I believe this version is a lot better than the original because it has all the patches and is modded a bit to add more content.

And you can try out the re-release of 3030 DW by CrunchyLeafGames here: http://crunchyleafgames.itch.io/3030-deathwar

ReplyQuote
FStyle
(@fstyle)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hey DarkOne. I was just on my way to post that I figured out the problem. To answer your question though, I'm using the latest version from the 3030 Deathwar site which seems to be more updated than the one with clgmod (unless I'm reading that wrong). I might check out that other version to see if it has any obviously useful features though.

As for what I did to fix the text issues, there's a "troubleshoot compatibility" from the right-click menu in Win7 and it applied some settings which made the game run perfectly (turns out that cutscenes weren't working either and it fixed those too). For some reason the same settings didn't work when I tried to enter them manually, but this little tool did the trick. Seems to be just plain old Win XP SP2 compatibility mode, but I suppose there's something else going on under the hood... weird.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

That first link I posted is just the original 3030 DW game and all patches with a mod packaged up.

The second link is more of a facelift to 3030 DW and adding and fixing some things in sense  a better game than the original. I have yet to try this one out but I should.

ReplyQuote
CrunchyLeafGame
(@crunchyleafgame)
Petty Officer Registered

As for what I did to fix the text issues, there's a "troubleshoot compatibility" from the right-click menu in Win7 and it applied some settings which made the game run perfectly

Hey there FStyle,

that is great to hear! We will try that on a couple other machines and see if it fixes all the issues. Thanks for sticking with it!

That first link I posted is just the original 3030 DW game and all patches with a mod packaged up.

The second link is more of a facelift to 3030 DW and adding and fixing some things in sense  a better game than the original. I have yet to try this one out but I should.

Hi DarkOne,

just to clarify, the version offered at  http://www.3030deathwar.com  is the latest, official, version of the game. it is being developed by the original developers and myself, and was recently Greenlit on Steam. We are now prepping a new version for release there.

ReplyQuote