I'm really curious, please fix that link Exospace Developer 🙂

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Nice    ... looking forward to more news 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

As always through development I have admired your models for the game. But you have done an excellent job on the planet landscapes and that galaxy map was nice too look at too. Keep up the great work!

ReplyQuote
KingHaggis
(@kinghaggis)
Master Chief Registered

Very interesting as I had hoped and even had expected. It all looks and feels very serious and "NASA like". This is what I like to see in space games: a serious non-cartoony look, immense scale & freedom to explore, planet surfaces, base building, resource management and space that actually looks like space. I really like your style and this could be a real winner!

ReplyQuote
martinExospace
(@martinexospace)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, thx for positive reactions!

Yes we decide one of basics limitations of our game approach. It is hard, but..

We want to stay in real scifi-correct limits at all cost. That means a lot of limitations like:

No aliens ..

No gigantic aerodynamically shaped ships (why in space aerodynamic shape?)

No artificial gravity (possible even in far future, there is not possible to create gravity, if we could do that, what will be reason to have ship propulsion engines, we can just create gravity before ship, and ship will start to fall forward ... it is nonsense)

No hull plating. (materiality is one most important factor in space ship construction, in affect maneuverability of ship, more weight means more fuel consumption for acceleration, rotation, deceleration, more fuel = more weight, that's mean even more fuel etc..)

Ship will not stop when the engine is powered down. It is not a car.

Ship will don't stop if breaks in to the pieces. Pieces will continue in the same direction and the same speed.

No miracle technologies (healing, teleportation, beam devices etc..)

And last, lights. Yes Space is very dark place. There is only one light source, our star. It is very hot, very bright light in one direction. That means shadow sides are almost total black. If you need look on ship from this side, you will need very strong light source... 

Sounds boring?

I hope it will be the first space sim as it should be in real. 

Please message us with your opinion for this kind of space-sim. It is important for us.

Thank You, Exospace Dev. Team

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

What happened to the website did it go down?

Edit:

Looks like there has been some sort of rebranding... the game is caller Exostellar now

http://www.exostellar.net/

I will update the forum info for this.

ReplyQuote
martinExospace
(@martinexospace)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi thx, in all the work I forgot to update this. We will go to the playable alpha soon...

ReplyQuote
McAule
(@mcaule)
Master Chief Registered

Hi, thx for positive reactions!

Yes we decide one of basics limitations of our game approach. It is hard, but..

We want to stay in real scifi-correct limits at all cost. That means a lot of limitations like:

No aliens ..

No gigantic aerodynamically shaped ships (why in space aerodynamic shape?)

No artificial gravity (possible even in far future, there is not possible to create gravity, if we could do that, what will be reason to have ship propulsion engines, we can just create gravity before ship, and ship will start to fall forward ... it is nonsense)

No hull plating. (materiality is one most important factor in space ship construction, in affect maneuverability of ship, more weight means more fuel consumption for acceleration, rotation, deceleration, more fuel = more weight, that's mean even more fuel etc..)

Ship will not stop when the engine is powered down. It is not a car.

Ship will don't stop if breaks in to the pieces. Pieces will continue in the same direction and the same speed.

No miracle technologies (healing, teleportation, beam devices etc..)

And last, lights. Yes Space is very dark place. There is only one light source, our star. It is very hot, very bright light in one direction. That means shadow sides are almost total black. If you need look on ship from this side, you will need very strong light source... 

Sounds boring?

I hope it will be the first space sim as it should be in real. 

Please message us with your opinion for this kind of space-sim. It is important for us.

Thank You, Exospace Dev. Team

So it that means no sound, unless on the planets? What about warp drives, hyperjumps, wormholes etc etc? Or is it only in our solar system?

ReplyQuote
martinExospace
(@martinexospace)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi McAule.

Only fairtale technology used in game should be a wormhole. Small or bigger, it is not aginst the laws of physics.

Game is situated in future about 150 years and we predict we can master a technology allows to create wormhole in spacetime, and we discovered that the wormholes are natural possible and exist in space such as other cellestial objects. In the game humans learn how to stabilise and use wormhole for travelling like a Trade winds first ships in the past. 

(there is no other options how to reach other places in serious times).

You are right about sound, there will be soud interpreted from your player character. That meany you can hear the sound, but only from ship interior or ship Satcom.

At last,

We hope that modern technology allow us to use universal devices which is not exist for now. We haven't any universal ship for travel to Moon or other destinations.

ReplyQuote
McAule
(@mcaule)
Master Chief Registered

So a ship could, also, be using a jumpdrive system running at a speed of light or faster (after 150 years should be possible, theoretically). But because flying at a speed of light takes a long time (for example to Alpha Centauri would take 4 LY) ships would have to use specific jump gates connecting worm-holes from one place to another. Also what about black holes, pulsars, quasars, neutron stars or even super nova, perhaps? 🙂

ReplyQuote
martinExospace
(@martinexospace)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

So a ship could, also, be using a jumpdrive system running at a speed of light or faster (after 150 years should be possible, theoretically)

No,  it is the basic law, nothing can move faster than light. It is impossible to reach speed of light. Even light does not reach the speed of light.

If you want to reach speed of light you need unlimited energy and your weight will be unlimited.

Wormhole is shortcut in spacetime, that mean traveling in wormhole you are much more slower than light speed, but you can move in short time.

There are many serious scientific studies behind it. Worm hole should be natural phenomenon like a blackhole, star, or vortex in the tub. But we are unable to detect it. In fact, there can be billions of microscopic wormholes around you, but they arise and expire so quickly and are so small that it will not record.

We plan to make one exo-solar system around small black hole, but it will not be so interesting as it sounds. Only change is that in the center of system, you can see only dark, no starlight. If we want to put some heat and light to this system, blackhole (BH) must be a twin with any type of star. The size difference between star and BH must be abnormal.  That means you will see normal star anyway with normal planets. BH will be tiny and you detect it only by its gravity impact.

For example if you want to see a BH with the same matter like Earth planet, you must shrink Earth to size of peanut. Yes! Peanut sized BH have the same gravity like Earth. It is possible to see black peanut from distance millions of miles? Not you cannot see peanut from distance of meters / feets.

Pulsar / neutron star (pulsar is type of neutron star) (i think no one want's to be near pulsar or neutron star 🙂

Supernova Yes, there should be very interesting world near death star, like a Crab nebula. One big Rontgen field. Is not possible to do anything here, it will melt you to the soup. Electronics cannot work here. In 150 years we so hard discover any material for something like shield. For today in this radiation, you need to be 4km!! underground to be save.

Quasar? In game we are only in Milky way galaxy. Exactly we don't know what quasar is. It is too far, it is source of radiation and visible light. That is all fact we have. Astrophysicist predict that quasars are a death galaxies falling to the central supermassive black hole. But the distance is that enormous, light is so old, that they exactly don't exist now.

ReplyQuote
McAule
(@mcaule)
Master Chief Registered

I find it really intresting to discuss this topic. Unfortunatelly English is not my native language so I cannot fully express my thoughts, ideas and explain things, but I do try my best, so bear with me. I'm so looking forward to this game as it incorporates realistic things, theories, physics, ideas and that's everything I always wanted in a game.

So what about time? Because the closer to the black hole, the slower time goes. Also if you look into starry night, you are already looking into past, how will it be in-game?

Any traveling comets we'll be able to discover, mine, destroy? With it's tails blown by solar winds 🙂

ReplyQuote