Welcome to the AoA sub-forum!
Thanks for your interest in Age of Ascent.
Age of Ascent (AoA) is a brand new space MMO from Illyriad Games.
There are a few things that set us apart.
1. We have an all-new MMO cloud-based architecture that can support thousands of players concurrently in a single area of space, in real-time, with direct piloting
2. It runs in most any modern browser using WebGL (so IE11, Chrome, FF, Opera - sorry, not Safari) without installs, downloads or plugins such as Unity
3. We're basing the full game on as much real science as possible. We're in touch with awesome people at places like NASA and RALSpace to help us model the real universe of the Milky Way - using old data from Hipparcos, and more up-to-date data from the ESA Gaia programme, amongst analytical models from Kepler etc - as well as the general scientific expertise of the space community.
4. We actually have a playable demo of the game - just the PvP dogfighting module, showing that we can handle very large numbers of realtime concurrent players - that we wheel out every Saturday. So if you want to check it out, just turn up at www.ageofascent.com on Saturday (at 8pm GMT / 9pm UK / 4pm Eastern US / 3pm Central US) with a modern web browser and have fun!
5. Whilst being a small indie game developer, we are now 5 years old and have a very successful, award-winning HTML5 MMORTS game under our belt that's been very well received in the press - so we know we can deliver on our promises!
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about AoA, and we'll try to answer them!
With very best wishes,
The AoA Team