Notifications
Clear all

CDF StarFighter

Page 2 / 2

ShaunWilliams
(@shaunwilliams)
Petty Officer Registered

Looking good as always Shaun. Question since you really get to admire the carrier ship in this video. Will you actually see this ship in action during gameplay? So for instance there was a ship that was very close to the carrier and it never fired a shot, it would be great to see that happening and sets the mood for urgency as well when playing, specially since the enemy could possibly crash ships into the hull to damage it.

Also noticed when glancing at the radar when you were flying close to the carrier that it shows basically a wireframe of it, will your radar point out weak spots or damage spots on both friendly or enemy ships when it scans them?

Hi,  The ship in that video is a battleship,  there are many different types of ships in the game and you will be attached to few different ones during the campaign.

As the game enters early access and we can finally get moving on the AI.  The turrets are all set up ready, and the cap ships have some awesome weapons and beam weapons, but I really need help with the AI fighting each other.  Its been a real challenge to get the AI to attack the player and that is where i have spent most of the time to offer a fun and challenging game.  As the game evolves there will be some awesome space battles and there will be ships on your side too.    All the ships including capital ships are set up for damage.  As a fighter its almost impossible to take out a cap ship by yourself.  The One Man army challenge shows this as you will no doubt struggle to take down a disabled pirate frigate.

There are lots of ships in the game but only a couple have been shown on some of the gameplay vids.

The radar is crucial and the CTA screen (Combat Tactical Aid) is awesome in VR and very functional.  It is used in low visibility and for clearer and more accurate targeting.  In VR with positional tracking you lean forward and look close at the screen when ever you want to.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Looks like the game will be hitting Steam on the 5 of April http://store.steampowered.com/app/433190/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1 also note that this is the VR only version.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Avast their VR pirates.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Just something I noticed in the video, if you watch from like 1:53 to 2:01 you will notice that when you destroy that larger ship there is a shockwave and your ship does nothing, but a few secs later you destroy a fighter that is pretty close and upon explosion your ship shakes. Wouldn't that shockwave from the larger ship have created some sort of effect?

Just nit-picking Shaun 🙂

ReplyQuote
ShaunWilliams
(@shaunwilliams)
Petty Officer Registered

Just something I noticed in the video, if you watch from like 1:53 to 2:01 you will notice that when you destroy that larger ship there is a shockwave and your ship does nothing, but a few secs later you destroy a fighter that is pretty close and upon explosion your ship shakes. Wouldn't that shockwave from the larger ship have created some sort of effect?

Just nit-picking Shaun 🙂

I will be posting a new vid of this mission so you can see how much its changed.  Lots more improvements are now in place,  NonVR version should be coming in summer

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

New trailer up for the VR version of the game.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Nice trailer as always Shaun.

I don't have VR yet, but with there being multiple different VR headsets out there do you support them all or only certain ones? I have noticed a few games list support for one headset type and was wondering what VR headset you are supporting for launch?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2