Notifications
Clear all

Whale's Voyage I and II

Songbird
(@songbird)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Really?

I did a search and came up empty handed here!  No mention of Whale's Voyage one or two!

I admit, Whale's Voyage one handles poorly with it's keyboard controls, but Whale's Voyage II is outstanding!  Space Trading, first-person planetside adventures and puzzles, and an overarching plot to unravel.  Whale II was only available in German, but around 4 years ago managed to uncover an English language modified custom-made CD for dos, which runs just fine in dosbox or whatever front-end  you use.

It is about 350 MB in size and the game was release in 1995.  Look it up on mobygames or elsewhere.  If validated as safe for upload by Darkone, I'll upload it.  Darkone, PM me with instructions for upload and I'll do so.

I really ought to hang out here more often...

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Played the first one on the CD32, seem to recall it having a strange character generation system.

Second one came out on the Amiga around about 2000, should be an English language patch on Aminet for the Amiga version as well. 

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

I admit I never heard of it but after a quick search on Youtube I can say it looks pretty interesting.

ReplyQuote