You guys win if you can help me find the name of this game

Zack112
(@zack112)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Platform(s):PC

Genre:ISO Scifi... Rpg? I believe it was realtime/turn based like fallout

Estimated year of release: I was a kid playing on windows 95

Graphics/art style:looked a lot like screenshots for the new game Stasis, that's what reminded me of it. Hand crafted backgrounds, Isometric, mostly dark corridors inside the space stations and there were sections outside on an alien planet

Here is a picture of Stasis, the game I'm looking for looked a lot like the 90's/early 2000's version of this

Notable characters: I can't remember any, I think there was a guy in a white space suit? You controlled multiple characters in some missions

Notable gameplay mechanics: one mission revolved around collecting alien tissue samples. I also remember there being a whole tutorial level that was inside a fancy space Acadamy. Seemed like the only well lit area in the game.

Other details: 

One mission was partially inside of a space base, you had to lead your character or two outside onto the alien world in order to collect a sample from a rock or a cave or something like that.

Another mission looked like it was after an alien had escaped containment and had destroyed most of the lab/station. You had to find a way out.

It wasn't a top down shooter, it controlled more like a strategy game but I'm fairly certain there was no way to train any units.

I've looked through GoG's catalog 3 times, I've searched list after list on Wikipedia, I'm running out ideas. Can anyone help me?

Zack112
(@zack112)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

oh man, I found it using "homeoftheunderdogs"

It's Enemy Infestation. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Never heard of it but it looks like a game I may like.

ReplyQuote
Zack112
(@zack112)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Never heard of it but it looks like a game I may like.

It got pretty good reviews at the time and I remember it being pretty dang fun. The only problem is getting a copy

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I see it on GOG wanted list, the only other place would be EBay.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

If you are willing to be a little naughty and stroll in the Dark Side of the Force, I may have found a D/L    link!!! 

ReplyQuote
FStyle
(@fstyle)
Senior Chief Registered

Looks a lot like Project Overkill

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Yes had a look around the net and turned up a review. Looks interesting and your correct Zack112 some similarities to the early Fallout games. In my view (after looking at the video), a worthy title and very surprised GOG didn't leap on this yet.

And speaking of Infestation related things, I am still waiting for Frontier to release this game without its DRM which unfortunately kills it from running at all on modern machines.

ReplyQuote
Zack112
(@zack112)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

If you are willing to be a little naughty and stroll in the Dark Side of the Force, I may have found a D/L    link!!! 

The only problem is that the game has a pretty aggressive copywrite protection, if you don't have the cd inserted all your units die at the 10 minute mark. The download I've used has a "fix" that didn't work. It also doesn't help that my computer doesn't have a CD drive

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

The only problem is that the game has a pretty aggressive copywrite protection, if you don't have the cd inserted all your units die at the 10 minute mark. The download I've used has a "fix" that didn't work. It also doesn't help that my computer doesn't have a CD drive.

I 've installed from a CDimage, so I didn't use any fix!!! But I will give it a try, past the 10 minutes mark!!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

And speaking of Infestation related things, I am still waiting for Frontier to release this game without its DRM which unfortunately kills it from running at all on modern machines.

Theirs always the PS1 version of the game.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Yes I saw that. It might be the only option open to me. I wonder if Virus 2000 had a PS1 version too? Actually I think it did so might be on the hunt for that too!

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

A ripped seems to work, on a Core 2 Duo setup. But I will continue testing.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Yes I saw that. It might be the only option open to me. I wonder if Virus 2000 had a PS1 version too? Actually I think it did so might be on the hunt for that too!

Yes their is a PS1 version, it had a name change to "V2000" look for it under that name on eBay. 

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thanks Pinback

ReplyQuote