Notifications
Clear all

Colonisation Moonbase Beta v0.1.8b is now out!

SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I have not had much chance to test this version myself but the bugs should be gone, feel free to update any bugs that have been opened or create new ones,

In addition to the bug fixes you can now rotate the buildings using 'z' & 'x' the thought behind assigning them the keys is that you can rotate and position the building at the same time as well as move the camera.

Holding shift will now double the speed of your keyboard movement and mouse zoom speed

And the final update for this build is the 3 bars should not be usable for sunlight, ore and water levels, while the buttons above the bar chart don't work yet you can cycle through them using tab.

If the building uses one of the 3 resources on the map it should automatically select that one, however you can select it even if that building doesn't use that resource, to try and help save the space for something you could use there.

While it has not been tested it should also affect the amount of income from that resource, water should work as it did before, however the other 2 while using the same principle has not been tested.

The major things that need testing for this build is stability, all the different buildings (as the way they are built by code has changed a lot) and the trade mechanic. + check the actual income vs the stated income for each building.

Finally the starting cash has risen to help people get a better start.

SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

So once again I am having some issues with the repair ships, not sure how bad this is, this is an urgent priority at the moment so may get a new build again soon.

Edit*

The repair ships are completely broken... will fix asap and get a new build out, going to remove the 0.1.8b build from the download.

ReplyQuote
sphinxgate
(@sphinxgate)
Master Chief Registered

Hi Scott - noticed the repair vehicles issue, there are a few more bugs as well I've posted on the bug tracker.

I couldn't seem to get the building rotate to work either.

Solar Panels are only generating 1 Energy instead of 4.

Busy week ahead eh 🙂 - it'll be worth it!

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

should be out a lot sooner than last week, infact was half way uploading the new version when checked the bug report

The colonist menu was the only ones left so gona fix them and have it uploaded in the next hour or so.

ReplyQuote
sphinxgate
(@sphinxgate)
Master Chief Registered

v0.1.8b wasn't that bad a build, the repair ships have been worse.   Lots of improvements in this version and now I know how to rotate the buildings (Z & X) it's more fun to be creative with your base.

Look forward to v0.1.9b but happy that I have a developing base in the current build (with save game!).

Keep up the good work and here's a snapshot of my new base for this build.

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

the repair ships unfortunately may not load from the save thats why I pulled the version, once they re-load they would be visible but because they didn't create their save location etc I can't predict if they would do their job at all, meaning that after a short while your base would get disabled, while you can replace etc, as people pointed out the game is a little tough on newcomers and makes it hard to get anywhere. with no new major bugs released the new build will be up in moments.

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Finally all uploaded and ready to go! you should be able to re-use the 1.8b save if you delete the repair buildings first then copy into the 0.1.9b folder

ReplyQuote
sphinxgate
(@sphinxgate)
Master Chief Registered

Not that it's important now as you've fixed the repair ships but I found deactivating and reactivating the repair yard reset missing ships in between loads. Good that its fixed of course, those ships have been a right challenge, will they be blue again or skinned in the next release ?

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Ahh I didn't try to de-activate etc, I can see how that might work, still not ideal mind.

They changed colour due to the way everything is loaded now, they are using a proper texture, just a very bad one, shouldnt be too difficult to get a proper skin for the next build.

ReplyQuote