Notifications
Clear all

Updated terrain

SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I will be posting an update on kickstarter as soon as I have more to show, however I thought you guys might like a sneak peak at the updated terrain, the map itself has been enlarged so you can fit more buildings on and gives a slightly better representation of size (mind the actual space of each map is far too big to represent in full scale as the large maps are 100's km) however as you get close up (each pixel of the main texture represents 100m so would be extremely blurry) a detail map gets applied over the main terrain texture (actually 2, a medium and fine detail), picking up the colour of the terrain and applies it to itself, it helps to create a better sense of scale and starts making each building feel bigger.

originalhidef.jpg

sphinxgate
(@sphinxgate)
Master Chief Registered

Looks good, I guess those discussions over the terrain mapping piqued your interest.

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

yeh, while most people said the current terrain looked good, I personally knew I could get it better and with wanting to get more terrains sorted I thought it was a prime opportunity to do so before actually getting more in game and then having to re-do them at a later date.

ReplyQuote