Notifications
Clear all

Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Looks like this will be coming out in Sept.

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1217861009446182912

It's a good idea... CDPR has to have a good launch for CP2077 and if they need more time for tweaks then take the time. Also might be a good call with consoles coming out they can make it a launch title on the new PS5 and Xbox

Topic Tags
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Oh just in case you didn't know it has been delayed a bit longer until Nov 19th

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Well its delayed again 🙂

Hey everyone,

Today we decided to move to release date of Cyberpunk 2077 by 21 days. The new release date is December 10.

The biggest challenge for us right now is shipping the game on current-gen, next-gen, and PC at the same time, which requires us to prepare and test nine versions of it (Xbox One/X, compatibility on Xbox Series S|X, PS4/Pro, compatibility on PS5, PC, Stadia)... while working from home. Since Cyberpunk 2077 evolved towards almost being a next-gen title somewhere along the way, we need to make sure everything works well and every version runs smoothly. We're aware it might seem unrealistic when someone says that 21 days can make any difference in such a massive and complex game, but they really do.

Some of you might be wondering what these words mean in light of us saying we achieved gold master some time ago.  Passing certification, war 'going gold', means the game is ready can be completed and has all content in it. But it doesn't mean we stop working on it and raising the quality bar. On the contrary, this is the time where many improvements are being made which will then be distributed up by a Day 0 patch. This is the time period we undercalculated.

We feel we have an amazing game on our hands and are willing to make every decision, even the hardest ones, if it ultimately leads to you getting a video game you'll fall in love with.Continue here to read the full story.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Games out and looks like lot of bugs, not that I'm bothered as I won't be buying it for a lest a year.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

That was my thoughts too, let them patch it for the next few months and add some DLC and I will pick it up next year sometime. Everyone says it looks and plays well its just there is a ton of bugs. You kind of expect it when you look at some of those gaming videos all of the people and interactions you can do.... the game is so busy (like a city) so just all that stuff trying to work together simultaneously is really amazing and probably tough as hell so I can't imagine the dev and QA efforts needed for this project. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

The city does look amazing and I read that the game is twice the size of GTA5, I probably will be picking this up on the PS4 and by the looks of it, it will be Jan/Feb before last gen console versions will be playable, so I reckon some time late next year or maybe even wait for the GOTY version to appear, will be the best time to get it.

Apparently the game had 8 million pre orders and it's amazing that people just never learn.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Words fail me!

Oolite Naval Attaché