Notifications
Clear all

The Art of Darkdawn

LeoCeballos
(@leoceballos)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hey guys & gals, 

So while the main thrust of the last couple of weeks has been coding up the new "test scenarios", I've also had to think a bit about the artwork for the campaign, the marketing material, etc. This is an ongoing process, so I thought I'd make a thread all about all the behind-the-scenes stuff I'm trying. Now, mind you, everything I post up here is subject to change; this, like the game itself, is all work-in-progress.

Darkdawn: Encounters is mostly tells the story of the Exile-Ikha'ari war, the first large interstellar conflict fought by the United Colonies of the Terran Exodus (UCTE). The UCTE's small but expanding sphere of influence is currently limited to a handful of systems known as the "Home Cluster". They share the cluster, however, with two other races: the enigmatic Kutora, and the dangerous, unpredictable Ikha'ari.

To create these races, I'm trying something new: I'm sculpting them in Sculptris, and then doing paint-overs to flesh them out. Its an interesting and pretty fun process. 

Raw sculpts:

Ikha'ari/Kutora

ikhaari_drg.jpg kutora_drg.jpg

ikhaari1.jpg kutora1.jpg

LeoCeballos
(@leoceballos)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Also, here is a high-detail model of the Othirion-class cruiser, the standard cruiser of the UCTE navy. I'm doing these high detail versions partially to further develop the ships, partially to use in marketing materials, and because I want to (for fun) try 3D printing them in the future. I'm working on a paint over of this image right now and I'll share it when its done.  

cruiser_render.jpg

ReplyQuote