Notifications
Clear all

Alien Dominion: The Acronian Encounter

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Found this tonight while surfing the web and thought some action junkies would like it. Haven't played the timed demo yet but I will. Absolutely love the sound track to the game.

http://www.blackfiregames.com/

Description:
In this space shooter the player is in a role of a turret gunner/shooter serving on a deep space exploration mission. Encountering an alien race while scanning for mineral rich asteroids in the region, the conqueror race starts it…’s attack right at the beginning. As it later turns out, the region is not dense with minerals, it is rich with hostile vessels

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

This thing really got my blood pumping ! ... Really Intense ! Awesome !

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

This looks a lot like StarTrek Invasion turret levels on the ps1,which is no bad thing

as its about the only good bits in that game.

ReplyQuote
BlackFireGames
(@blackfiregames)
Crewman Registered

Hi!

I have been also surfing the web to see how my game is doing... πŸ˜†

I'm glad you all like the game trailer!

It took quite an effort and love to make the game. This is the first commercial title I did with the help of my friend (he did the music and FX). And, it just had to be connected with space and high intensity action - that's the way we like it!

Hope it's going to bring a lot of happy hours of fun in space.

Roberto Koci

CEO of BlackFireGames.com

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Welcome to SSC Roberto.

I am hoping to give the demo a try this week sometimes but the video does a nice job showing off the game and I like the in-game music a lot.

Any plans on adding some more features/levels to the game in patches? Because I have read that there is a little over an hour of actual game play if you are good enough to make it through all the levels.

ReplyQuote
BlackFireGames
(@blackfiregames)
Crewman Registered

Basically, if you try to play any casual/indie shooter, the effective time to finish it is around one hour+. I tested some successful games from the market that are similar in concept (top down shooters - there were no 3d games similar to this one) and discovered that it seems to be a trend to do a game of such a length.

You need to finish the game in a row as there is no "save game" feature. So, the game offers more than the actual time needed to finish it in a row. First, you need to get familiarize with controls, weapons, check if shields or weapons are more effective... etc. The alien fleet will most probably blast you a couple of times before you practice enough to be able to beat the game.

Also, it is important to match your skill level. If you play it on easy and you are too good - yes, you are going to pass all the levels. But, when you match your skill level the game becomes a challenge to beat and then is when this game "shines" in full capacity. I usually play on "Abnormal" level. πŸ˜€

A.D. was planned to be a small project, and will most probably stay as is.

Glad you like the music! My friend and partner in this project is a good guitar player and a composer, and took quite an effort to create different music tracks for each level. He also did the voiceover (gunner comments).

Have fun blasting!

Sincerely,

Roberto

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Well played the demo last night on Normal and was able to destroy all the ships in the first two levels and was into the 3rd. I can see how the difficulty rises because the ships get a bit tougher and man those shields sure don't last long πŸ™‚ Without those repair bots I would have died in the 2nd level.

Where is the turret in relation to the ship? I ask is that it seems during the transition up/down you seem to go through the ship at times. It's a quick flash generally but thought I would ask.

And is BlackFireGames going to stay in SciFi based game design for now? Because you guys did a good job on the back drops and the action was great.

ReplyQuote
BlackFireGames
(@blackfiregames)
Crewman Registered

Hi!

Glad you like the game!

Yes, as I pointed out, you probably won't be able to pass all the levels in a row. πŸ˜‰ So you get much more fun than the time needed to "run over" the 6 levels in question.

The game is hard, but, once you do a couple of practice runs it becomes a totally action driven shoot-like-crazy experience. And wait till you get to level 4,5 not to say 6...

Buy a "fire rate enhancer" and a new weapon after you finish level 1. It helps a lot.

The turrets are above and below the ship. So depending where you point at, the cameras are switched to cover the upper and lower hemispheres.

The first title we created was Sci-Fi, and the next one will also be. I love the stars. Technology. Future. So, the answer is yes.

Sincerely,

Roberto

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Just stumbled across this thread and giving this game a try out, looks fun! 😎

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Well had a good play at this and I have one word to describe it, FRANTIC! Yes this is a lot of fun and well worth buying in my humble opinion. Well done to you Roberto. Still stuck at level 3 though, but that's down to old age effecting my reactions. 😳 You younger gamers will have a blast. πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Looks like the homepage has been down for at least 2wks? Wonder what happened, if ya need some forum space BlackFireGames just let me know. πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
KingHaggis
(@kinghaggis)
Master Chief Registered

I was very interested in Alien Dominion when I saw this video a few years ago:

It has become a nice rail shooter now but I would have loved to see the game as seen in this movie. It looks awesome!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Wow, nice video indeed of their engine they were using. It is a shame they didn't continue in the direction of there engine test. And we may never see anything of this engine again since their website has been down a while now.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Shame ther never went down that route.

ReplyQuote