Clear all

The Doomstalker is on the way!

ufna
 ufna
(@ufna)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi guys!

My name is Vladimir Alyamkin and I'm working on arcade pseudo-isometric action for iOS. I want to show you a little alpha version teaser 🙂 Here it is: 

[media]

Player should try the role of a space marine, who landed on the mysterious Object 001. The contact with the secret laboratory, created under the slogan “the art in technology”, was suddenly lost. The soldier should investigate the weird incident.

The Kickstarter campaign is launched to fund levels creation and gameplay polish. 

An enthralling story consists of eight large logically bound episodes and divided into three chapters. Exciting levels with many geometrical puzzles and secrets will become a real challenge involving marine’s combat skills and sagacity.

The soldier will face numerous dangerous monsters on his way to the mystery of the asteroid – cybernetic spiders, security bots, demons and even flying ball-shaped Creatures of Hell await for a prey in dark corners!

To survive in such difficult conditions the marine will be provided with a powerful set of weapons from a pistol to Big Freaking Gun. In the course of the game he will be able to use samples of the dark matter for improvement and modernization of his armor and inventory.

The captivating system of awards and achievements will allow the marine to challenge with his friends. Up to four soldiers will be able to take part in the combat. The following special online modes will be available: Co-op (cooperative walkthrough of the campaign), Arena (marines against endless waves of monsters) and Duel (rating match against each other).

Doomstalker is based on UDK (Unreal Development Kit) technology. The game will be available primarily for iOS devices (iPhone 4 or later, iPad 2 or later) with possible port to PC and Mac.

Your comments will be very appreciated! I want to collect your feelings about the game to make it really cool and interesting! 

V.A.

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

This looks like a very fun game. Good luck with the campaign !

ReplyQuote
ufna
 ufna
(@ufna)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

This looks like a very fun game. Good luck with the campaign !

Thank you! 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I haven't played a game like this on a tablet before, but it would seem hard because of the controls and the shooting accuracy. Least that is the way it looks in the video. But overall nice graphics and the gameplay seems smooth. I only had worries about the control scheme and being accurate with targeting, I know nothing beats a mouse 🙂 

ReplyQuote
ufna
 ufna
(@ufna)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

You're completely right about controls! 🙂 To make it comfortable I'll add auto-targeting system for mobile build - when it created carefully - it helps. For PC build controls will be different and mouse-fitted 🙂

ReplyQuote