Notifications
Clear all

May the 4th, Be With Us on Kickstarter!

Page 1 / 2

maksw
(@maksw)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

The time has come folks... after some great feedback on the new pitch, we're ready to go on our publication date of 00:00 on May the 4th!

Our hope is that we can ask everyone who is interested in backing us to back us on the same launch day! If we can get some momentum going on day one, it will help bump us up on the visibility list on Kickstarter and Kicktraq - and hopefully more people will get to see our pitch - increasing the chances of being funded this time around!

So - we ask that if you are as enthusiastic about seeing Dominion take space-flight as we are, please be sure to back us once again, on day one of the pitch, on May the 4th!

I'll update here with the pitch link the moment it's live!

Thank you for your support!

(PS. I'll post a reminder the day before just in case - not to spam anyone, but as you can tell, we're pretty keen to succeed this time!)

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Feel free to use the chat window as well on May 4th and I will get it on the frontpage that day as well. How much are you looking for this kickstarter to be a success?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Can you tell us anything about the pledges and will there be a disc edition or is it all digital. 

ReplyQuote
DoctorClot
(@doctorclot)
Petty Officer Registered

I will back you guys at 10 dollars at least. I would do more but I am limited on money this time round...

ReplyQuote
maksw
(@maksw)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

@Pinback - It'll be digital only - costs et al - however it'll be DRM free. Costs et al 🙂 I'll try and drop the pledges here - however I can tell you there are no physical rewards (yet), and we've tried to do our level best to make them enticing with in-game "rewards" on offer.

@DoctorClot - that's truly appreciated - thanks 🙂 Even more value for us this time around is spreading the word - we need as much word-of-mouth as we can get on this one! So if someone can't pitch (times are hard for all) then just passing our pitch link about (when ready) would be absolutely, unequivocably, awesome!

ReplyQuote
maksw
(@maksw)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Ok, we're live 😀 Finally! And already attracting a few backers!

http://kck.st/139nQKu

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Stuck ya on the frontpage in the kickstarter area, crossing fingers for ya maksw

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Pledged, best of luck with the Kickstarter.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Good luck guys !

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Yes best of luck!

ReplyQuote
maksw
(@maksw)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks a lot everyone 🙂 It may be a small start given the scale of the target fund - but 1% already, I'm stoked - it's awesome to see such an enthusiastic response.

We'll do you proud if we get funded, I promise 😉

All the best, and thanks for the good wishes/support/backing!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I must say, I was very impressed by the pledge tiers. I think they offer excellent value for money.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Thought the same thing while I was looking over the tiers yesterday, very good set of pledges although £100K target is still a large mountain to climb.

Good update with the 3D printing vid of one Solcommand  ships . 😎

ReplyQuote
maksw
(@maksw)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks Geraldine/Pinback - that's great to hear, it's a real trial coming up with enticing and good value rewards - it's a bit different to offering goods for sale where you know the value, or can predict it. 

Digital only "ethereal" rewards are a different matter! I'd be glad to hear feedback on the new £90 Ship pack reward... good or bad idea? Seems good atm...

ReplyQuote
maksw
(@maksw)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Also - for anyone not yet following us or backing us, if Simon Roth's Maia was on your radar...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maksw/dominion-fight-for-your-future-amongst-the-stars/posts

🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

It's been a been bit quiet on the Kickstarter.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Yes I have noticed. I have been trying to think how they could attract more pledges. If Mak Software have a mega update coming, it needs to be soon. Only thing I can think of at present, is to have one last clarion call before the KS enters its final days in the hope that people might decide to back it at the last minute. It has happened before, for example Godus was dead and buried but for a last minute rush of pledges taking it over the line. So there is still hope.

ReplyQuote
maksw
(@maksw)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hi guys n gals - cheers for checking up 😉 Yes, it's sadly been quiet  - not only backer activity by myself as well!

Last weekend I spent the entire 2 days hitting every site/zine I could find that might have an interest (and a few that wouldn't). I've not had a single response or spark of interest 🙁 Add on top the (much appreciated) efforts of SSC'ers (Geraldine of note!) to fly the banner elsewhere and it's clear we've got all we're going to get. 

This week - I've been (unusually) ill and off work - so that's chucked a spanner in the works of any updates (especially any mega-ones). I've managed to do a few visual tweaks - but none of the gameplay oriented stuff I wanted to get up and running. I took a look at Strike Suit Zero (finally) and visuals aside, I realised I could put together something very similar to their initiation level quite quickly if I could throw a week straight at developing Dom. Sigh.

Cheers for the optimism Geraldine 🙂 though I am 50/50 on cancelling atm - the writing is fairly plainly on the wall. Without sounding maudlin - imho the only hope of a hail mary is passed - we needed some decent exposure over this past week to try and save the day - it also needs some substantial WIP / updates to show off - and they just aren't there to show. 

However, I am too obstinate (and stupid) to quit as far as Dom is concerned 🙂

I'm 60/40 for doing an IndieGogo - as it'll cost nothing (effortwise) off the back of the Kickstarter pitch, although I am sceptical it will do "as well" even - I'm not a fan of the "pre-charging" of backers on IG, and games to date haven't fared to well - but you never know!

That aside - Dom will become a "pet project" - I'll still plug away on it, it'll just take a lot, lot, lot, lot longer to get anywhere. As and when I get to a "pre-alpha/alpha" - then I'd intend to petition Greenlight again and get on as a pre-purchase game. 

With luck - Dom may yet happen 😉

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

It's the nature of the beast Iam afraid although there are more "space games" been made now they still are very much a minority sport, this may change next year when the heavy hitters start releasing their games.

Kickstart seems to be a bit fickle when it comes to finding backers, good to hear that you will continue with the game and the experience has not put you off and you can always try Kickstart again. Skyjacker had three goes at it before they were successful.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Yes try, try again as we say in Scotland. That idea to have ships using differing flight models in the same game was was unique. I for one was really looking forward to that as a Frontier fan, as it has been something of a debate in the Elite community on how ships with both Newtonian and Non-Newtonian flight modes would fare in a battle against each other. Your game could have finally answered that question.

Next time (and there should certainly be a next time) put together all those cool vids I know you wanted too, and release them over the course of the campaign,  a little demo too would go miles to helping the funding. The pledge tiers were perfect, I wouldn't change those much. Finally timing. When you do launch again, try and make sure there is nothing else around in the same sort of category. I know this can be difficult, but right now Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen and Limit Theory really hoovered up a heck of a lot of the support you needed. Let interest in those heavy hitters subside and be watchful of other big things happening on kickstarter like a new Syndicate game that is coming soon. That is going to eat up much attention.

Alternatively there is another option. Think smaller. How about releasing a playable alpha build on say, Desura. First build is cheap to buy as a reward for early backers. Then as you progress through beta builds and then finally "a" finished game, at this point, raise the price until your at a level were you can afford to expand the game again to reach what your vision originally was on the kickstarter. You get there in the end even though your using using smaller steps.

Just my ideas.

ReplyQuote
fluffyfreak
(@fluffyfreak)
Captain Registered

Yeah don't give up Maksw, you've got some cool tech' and a good game in there. Not sure why you're not having the success you deserve.

ReplyQuote
maksw
(@maksw)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Cheers everyone 🙂 the support is truly appreciated, I really wish I'd darkened SSC's doorways the first time around last year! A pre-alpha / alpha for purchase in some form is definitely on the cards - just not sure when 🙂

If it helps with "keeping it alive" - as I claw my way back to full-thrusters, I've been doing some comfort coding (outside the scope of the KS pitch) - sadly I can't promise what the end results will be otherwise I'd slap it in as an update for the pitch itself to try and catch a last minute buzz.

But I'll put something up shortly with luck to show what I'm up to 🙂 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

As always you just need to ask and I will help out as well. And when the time comes for selling Dominium maybe I can help there too.

And I agree with Fluffyfreak, after listening to that podcast you have to keep going. Some of your concepts need to be seen to be appreciated, space games are tough to build and get sold just because the audiance is hardcore gamers usually and they are geeks at that because they actually know a thing or two about space and laws of physics and will call you out on something when its messed up. But when you please that gaming crowd you have fans for life 🙂

ReplyQuote
maksw
(@maksw)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Cheers D1 - I'll certainly be aiming to please - if I get the chance 😉

Forgive the lazy link - but the KS Update says it all - feel free to check out more of my latest crazed ambition...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maksw/dominion-fight-for-your-future-amongst-the-stars/posts/496560

ReplyQuote
Dalkeith
(@dalkeith)
Senior Chief Registered

Mak I thought you did a good campaign - not sure whey you didn't get more interest I don't always get why some projects succeed in KS and others don't.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2