Notifications
Clear all

WIP Video Feedback Request

maksw
(@maksw)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hi there everyone, I'm after feedback yet again...

I want to drop this WIP video onto the Kickstarter pitch as an update later today. 

It's rough - as I point out in the video... do you think it will get negative perception? Or will it be seen for what it is? Work in Progress?

Feedback appreciated!

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

A gameplay vid always helps maksw and its not that rough! No, not too shabby at all. Sound, yes it could do with some sound, even some music perhaps? Also, my goodness that is a heck of a lot of missiles!  Yes I like!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Looks fine as a wip Only thing I found was rather distracting was the background.

ReplyQuote
maksw
(@maksw)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Cheers both 🙂 

@Pinback - the fake stellar backdrop? Ok, I'll look to getting others - it's not the intended look.

I'll drop it up as an update! Thanks!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I agree, you are at least showing some progress and probably one of the most important features in a game is combat so showing this even in a rough form gives gamers a possible idea on how the game will be like. I would post it, you can add it to the main page and not have it only be a update?

ReplyQuote
maksw
(@maksw)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Cheers D1 - done 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Was just looking at your latest combat vid. Looking good so far, but do you think failing shields might glow red rather than white? It doesn't matter I suppose, I guess I was just used to shields in Elite starting out as white, then going to yellow, orange then finally red before they fail. It gave a visual impression of the state of your target's shields which can be useful if your holding back for shield failure for using a hull damaging weapon coup-de-grace.

ReplyQuote
maksw
(@maksw)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Cheers Geraldine. There will be visual cues in the final effects - exactly as you say - so you can tell what state they are in. I'll look at blending the colour to red as it gives up for now though 🙂

From a "backer" perspective - what would you (and all of SSC) like to see a video showing gameplay-wise? If I can, I'll try to accommodate...

ReplyQuote