Notifications
Clear all

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 precent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

Elite Dangerous Odyssey  

RSS

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
June 3, 2020 15:46  

This will be the next expansion to ED which is due to arrive in early 2021

Slowly it looks like ED is implementing SC style features into this game, will be interesting to see what exactly will be in this game. Still have yet to grab this one, will pick it up eventually during a steam sale at some point.

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered
June 3, 2020 18:42  

Took Frontier long enough!

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
June 4, 2020 05:58  
Posted by: @geraldine

Took Frontier long enough!

<chortles>

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
June 4, 2020 11:55  

IIRC was this mentioned in the kickstarter and this feature should have been in the game years ago as in any of bigger budgets space sims, boots on the ground is now a required feature.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
June 4, 2020 12:30  

Wonder if they will allow this to be done on every planet like in NMS or if it will only be selected handcrafted planets. Now even though ED has been a little slow with implementing this more advanced features that were promised, they do have a solid base to work from. It seems from all the videos I have watched the space aspect of the game is solid and flushed out for the most part. So now working on more immersion is in order. I think SC should have done some of that instead of working on everything at the same time.

But with FD background with the Jurassic Park game they should be able to put together some first person style of gameplay and environments, but only time will tell. I am sure we will get a better trailer closer to xmas.

This post was modified 1 month ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
June 4, 2020 14:43  
Posted by: @sscadmin

Wonder if they will allow this to be done on every planet...

That would surprise me, but you never know!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
June 5, 2020 12:15  
Posted by: @sscadmin

Wonder if they will allow this to be done on every planet like in NMS or if it will only be selected handcrafted planets. Now even though ED has been a little slow with implementing this more advanced features that were promised, they do have a solid base to work from. It seems from all the videos I have watched the space aspect of the game is solid and flushed out for the most part. So now working on more immersion is in order. I think SC should have done some of that instead of working on everything at the same time.

But with FD background with the Jurassic Park game they should be able to put together some first person style of gameplay and environments, but only time will tell. I am sure we will get a better trailer closer to xmas.

Given that ED is more realistic you might see it on the odd planet in the goldilocks zone but I don't think they will be doing anything like the stuff you find in NMS.

I wonder if they Will be adding station interiors and city's to the game or will it just be outpost for teams to battle around. 

This post was modified 1 month ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote
Share: