Notifications
Clear all

Elite: Dangerous v1.1 Update

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Elite: Dangerous patch is now officially live and here is a small video showing off one of the community goals achieved.

ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)
Warrant Officer Registered

Even though I know that they desperately needed it, I can't feel very discouraged that this update and the next will focus on multiplayer features.  Meanwhile, in the outfitting screen, the added a measly "sort ascending/descending" tab.  Ever think of having, I don't know, more than one column?  

Still, I am VERY impressed with the improvements to transitions: hyperspace, going in/out of FSD.  They are MUCH smoother, and I have to think this sort of thing is a huge technical challenge.  Also, they seem to have done something to make planet level-of-detail transitions smoother, but still have a long way to go.  If I were them, I would make this a priority for the sole reason that it is the only thing in the game which looks terrible.  (Can't they just draw planets from a huge distance?  It's not like they'd have to render thousands at a time...)

Also, this update came pretty damn fast.  All-in-all, can't complain.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)

It is true that the graphics rendering has evolved tremendously, sparkling effects are superb and the stars are really realistic when brushed in fuel scopping.

I do not think it was possible to improve at this point in time also can!

When you see the list of multiple Changelogs applied in 1 month, it's impressive.

With this demonstration, I remain confident in this team for the future update of planets landings.

ReplyQuote
ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)

Actually, something seems wonderfully smoothed out since 1.1, I can't quite put my finger on it but it looks great...

What do the supersampling settings mean exactly?  I was assuming 1.0 means that it renders in whatever resolution I have it set to (in my case 1080p), but maybe it is more than that?  I was very disappointed that it doesn't run better on my 1080p on 2.0...  I was going to force nVidia's proprietary supersampling (DSR), but that sort of thing always used to crash games so I still tend to avoid doing that.

It sort of looks like the anti-aliasing is better but I'm still using SMAA.  Is there any chance that "1.0" means more than native?

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

I think the city lights were what I was looking forward to most, they are cool!

I'm really looking forward to Wings though, do any members here meet up to play online? I'm CMDR Onionman.

Just got my Imperial Clipper, and would love to take down some Anacondas co-op or such!

-onion

ReplyQuote
auryx
(@auryx)

The only thing that annoyed me about this update was that it was slightly broken, and that therefore they had to put out three extra patches in as many days. Unfortunately, my broadband was having utilisation issues at the time, and I was only getting 0.2KB/s.....which meant I basically couldn't play for 4 evenings in a row. Slightly tedious 🙂

However, I'm back in now and enjoying it. Most looking forward to: Imperial Courier, and planetary landings! Least bothered about: multiplayer, pffft

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

Do you know where they said the Imperial Courier would be released in the next patch? Because I agree, that ship looks awesome! Would love to have that as my fighter while I trade with the clipper 😉

I'm looking forward to Wings, I think it will be fun to do assassination missions with a friend or so. With the rift on, flying with a friend is an incredible experience.

ReplyQuote
auryx
(@auryx)

Hi Onionman,

I'm not sure they did promise the Imperial Courier, to be honest....I'm just hoping they did 😀 because I loved that ship so much in FFE. Was great for exploration. The Imperial ships are so much nicer looking than the silly old Asps and Cobras and Sidewinders.

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote