Notifications
Clear all

Player Suggestions

Mikel420
(@mikel420)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

I wanted a place for players to make suggestions about the game so here it is. I will try my best to read your replies and update the list by either adding new ideas to it or revising/deleting old ones. This is NOT a place for demands, I am not a developer, if you have a good Idea then share it and I will do my best to get it in the main topic.

-more control options: key binding options, mouse control over the ships that is similar to first person mode.

-more view options from the ships: I would like a 3rd person perspective that I can toggle between first person with and maybe others like side and top/bottom views

-docking on a friendly ship should restock munitions

Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

Yes, I agree with you on all points there. Especially docking back on your mother ship, just like in Ace Combat.

ReplyQuote
kilihari
(@kilihari)
Crewman Registered

I have given the game a couple runs trough, and I managed to get a half decent working joystick... just mapped they keyboard controls to my joystick, it worked out pretty good. I have one little suggestion. First of all, this game is a serious testament as to what one person can do! Amazing! Please don't get bogged down in making the game look perfect just yet, unless you can't do that later. Finish the story, finish the game first, I think the indie community will help out if you need any sound samples or music or anything. Then after all is said and done, start beautifying the game. Like I love the game man, I am really excited, I would sure hate to see development stalled because I want joystick and mouse support. Please concentrate on the big things and then once the game is done, then fix up the little things.

Most important suggestion I can offer would be:

1. Finish the story

2. Implement some form of multi-player

3. I can't see the robots very well.

4. The sound from the robot gun fire inside stations is distracting.

-Kiliihari

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

Hey Kilihari, thanks for the kind words and suggestions.

I just wanted to point out that, while I am the only programmer, the game does have a small team behind it. Rustybolts has done all of the artwork to the game, and we have multiple voice actors and musicians on board.

ReplyQuote
kilihari
(@kilihari)
Crewman Registered

Ohhh... please ignore everything I just said and forgive me for my insults heheheheh... Love the music by the way 🙂 hehehehehe.... I was tired and drinking at the time... heheheh.

ReplyQuote
kilihari
(@kilihari)
Crewman Registered

Ok, ehheheh I played it though again, and I am sober this time, man... the robots inside the ships are really hard to see.. and I don't know when I am being shot because the robots are shooting this (bang, bang, bang, bang) bullet sound so fast that I think they are shooting me but they are missing me... anyways... the robots are cool, I like fighting them. When I found the stash of ammo on the third stage inside the ship but then there was a robot inside there that really surprised me. Loved that. Also, being able to sit in the captains seat on the Ensign-1 in the first level and being able to finish off the big bad space station first thing then get into my little space ship and blast away the little space ships was really thrilling because I was able to finish the level in two different ways. Anyways, that's my feedback for the day.

-Kili

PS: Please forgive me if I ever seem rude, I swear I am a nice guy! 😀

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

Hey Kili,

No you don't ever seem rude, it's fun listening to your thought process, as it's as if you're writing your ideas down as you think of them.

Just curious, your indiedb profile says you're Japanese, are you really? As that would explain the being drunk all the time 😉

-Onion

ReplyQuote
kilihari
(@kilihari)
Crewman Registered

No no ... I am not Japanese, I should make it a little more clear. I am a Canadian who has basically immigrated to Japan... been here for 6 years now. Don't plan on going back. Funny thing about being drunk... I never used to drink until I came to Japan. These people really like to tie one off my friend. You know ... I read about Ensign-1 possible cancellation.

I know this project is huge, but... it is a beautiful big idea... GTA in space... real GTA, where one can get out of their ship and take control of something better. One can only wonder at the amount of time you guys have put into this thing. We all here love this game and this idea, it would sure be a sad thing to see it cancelled. I saw the post on the main page... that would be just too bad. In my opinion.... cancelling his project would be like cancelling Uplink or Doom... something that has such great potential. More so than your other game in my opinion.... and don't get me wrong... I believe I am the only person here who has two boxed editions of Blaster Master 1 for the NES and Blaster Master Enemy Below for the GBC and Blaster Master Blasting Again for the PS1 all perfectly in the box with instructions (I am still trying to find a perfect copy of the Genesis version). Needless to say Blaster Master is my favorite game of all time... but this game has much more potential to really break new ground. I can see initial sales of Helena the 3rd being better than Ensign-1 however if this game was completed... I do believe something special would be achieved. I think you could have a smash hit on your hands.

Your friend,

-Kili.

PS: Blaster Master Boy for the Original GameBoy is not a Blaster Master Game dammit 🙂 Take a look at my pic.

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

Hah, so you found us through Helena The 3rd. Actually Ensign-1 sales have been way better than Helena The 3rd's all around. Helena pretty much sold nothing though. We most likely won't even get paid for it from Desura. Though to be fair, Helena started out as a hobby project, whereas Ensign was always meant to be a commercial title. Internally we were pretty shocked at how much better Ensign did than Helena, but still it's tough keeping a project like that going with no outside funds.

That said, don't get too worried about it being cancelled anymore. We've made some changes internally and are restructuring the way we are approaching our tasks, as well as that, we'll be taking a new approach to promoting the game, trying to listen more to player feedback, and hoping that helps put us back on track. I posted here in the forums to kind of get a sense of what the community thought of the whole thing. There was just a period where the game wasn't selling at all and we were very worried we'd have to give up on the dream.

And no, Blaster Master Boy is some Bomberman game, not Blaster Master. The gameboy color game though, Enemy Below is really quite fantastic. I've tried to play all the blaster master games (except blaster master boy), though really only the original and the gameboy color version hold a place in my heart. I didn't even like the WiiWare title, all the dungeons were the same! It wasn't fun for me, though I applaud you for having boxed copies of all those games, that really is a feat!

Man the sega title....I was so excited for that. To see a game called Blaster Master 2! No way they could mess that up! Oh how I was wrong, ah the disappointment as a kid. Although I suppose as long as you don't compare it to the original, it still had plenty of value. As just a pure sega game compared to what else was out there at the time, it wasn't so bad.

ReplyQuote
Cruisin1500
(@cruisin1500)
Master Chief Registered

put in a capture the flag scenario for multiplay

2 sides. each side has a capital ship. an object that has to be captured from the engine room of each capital ship.

players have to battle each other for space supiority etc, land on enemy capital ship, hold/defend the landing bay while other players/troops fight their way through enemy ship to get the objective.

while having to defend their own capital ship engineering bay 🙂

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

A capture the flag (or engine room in this case) type of thing was definitely something we've wanted to do.

Rusty had the idea of having 3 flags per team on 3 capital ships, and each one needing to be brought back.

ReplyQuote