Notifications
Clear all

Screenshot / Video Thread

Page 1 / 2

Rustybolts
(@rustybolts)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi I'm Rustybolts and I have been doing the art for Ensign thought i would create a thread to show the latest media.

Screenshot-4.1.png

Asteroid mining Colony

Screenshot-3.2.png

A shot from inside the Astro Mining Colony

Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

We've also got a new video up at

http://www.indiedb.com/games/ensign-1/videos

In case anyone is interested!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

See there is a lot more texture work being done now. nice.

The video showed off some things that I have a few questions on...

When you were outside your ship in the mining base, could you have shot at that ship or been shot?

When that npc/player was flying the ship and you were waiting. Can you take over by talking to the character or do you have to wait until they are done? And in the game could you have a real person flying the ship and your just a passenger?

Nice ship explosions in the first part of the video.

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

Hey Darkone,

No ships can't shoot at players and vice versa. It's something I've thought about, but a lot of things I'd like to do before I get that working.

That was a real person flying the ship, that was Rusty 🙂 His full nickname is Rustybolts. And he has to give up the piloting chair, you can't take it from him :), well aside from shooting him in the back I guess.

And thanks! I was really proud when I made that explosion hehe, programmed that one while driving to North Carolina. Kind silly, just making all the polygons fly off, but it gets the job done for now.

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

One more. Capital ship vs capital ship.

capitolCombat.png

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

On capitol ship battles, if you just sat back and watched them go at it from a distance would there be a winner or does the battle call for player intervention to create the outcome? And will we eventually see explosions, scorch marks or debris from these larger capitol ship battles?

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

Again, capitol ships can only be piloted by players. There isn't any AI in the game yet, and yes, capital ships can be destroyed. Explosions yes, the other things probably not due to limited resources.

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

Hope no one you knew was on it...

shipExplosion.1.png

And a nice shot from Rusty's bridge

Screenshot.4.png

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Are those turrets firing in that first pic Onionman?

Rusty did a nice job with that bridge layout, I was just thinking how it would look with a bit more skinning and some of those displays showing random info.

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

Ah no, that's the ship blowing up in the first pick 🙂 Or rather, getting ready to blow up.

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

Was kind of proud of this one.

lenseFlare2.png

ReplyQuote
Rustybolts
(@rustybolts)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

We have been working on some more eyecandy heres a few shots

Screenshot-2.2.png

Screenshot-18.png

Screenshot-1.3.png

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

I also believe DarkOne asked to see the new laser collisions

prettyPrettyLights2.png

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Nice seeing the game improve week to week. Those laser collisions look nice and lens flare too. And the stuff Rusty is doing is great stuff on the interiors. Only issue I see with the lighting is in two places;

1. The pic with the asteroid base, the surface of the asteroid that is in your view is too lit up personally unless there is a light source on the ship or from behind? Besides that the realism with the sun/star lighting seems like a good effect.

2. This is only minor for the interiors and I'm sure this would be flushed out after tweaking, but on the lighting in the interiors you can see the whole light sphere around the light source when it should be more concentrated on the direction the light needs to point. Hope you get where I am coming from.

Hope you don't mind the feedback on the pics.

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

Wow DakrOne, good catch! You were right, the lighting from the sun position was off, I hadn't even realized. Excellent eye for detail.

As to the FPS lighting, that's just the best real-time solution we have for now. Of course that effect isn't real lighting, it's just there to fake it a little, but mostly to make the game prettier to look at. Eventually later on I plan on bringing proper differed lighting into the game.

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

Got a new trailer going, this time showing off the new turrets that we've added to the game.

ReplyQuote
Rustybolts
(@rustybolts)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

The new Alien Fighter

Screenshot-1.4.png

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

I put up a video showing off some of the features of the level editor I wrote. Maybe it answers a few of the questions some of you had about modding the game or such.

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

Got a video of Mission 2 as well if anyone is interested.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Nice videos Onionman, the editor looks good and always nice to have the WYSIWYG type of editor because then even beginners can do some modding. On mission two video it looks pretty straight forward, I was trying to focus on the radar personally and was trying to get a good idea on how it works. It seems that everything is represented by a blue line and as they are eliminated they disappear from the radar. Will there be different colors depending on the relationship to yourself (ie: blue friendly, red enemy, etc...)?

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

Yip yip, yea I should probably put that in.

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

Ensign FPS

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

fpsShield.png

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Nice little update mate.

Btw if you've got some concept art or something I can have a try at making another ship for you cause I wanna see how good or bad are my rusted skills at making 3D models.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2