Notifications
Clear all

EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Tomorrow you will be able to play EVE Valkyrie on PS4 and PC (and VR on both as well), still kinda irritated there is no single player 🙁

Set in the the notorious sci-fi universe of EVE, EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone puts PC and PS4 gamers in the cockpit of heavily armed spaceships, enabling them to fly and fight alongside each other – both in and out of virtual reality – as they battle for legendary status in fast, fun, and intense multiplayer space combat.

EVE: Valkyrie - Warzone includes all the content and improvements released for EVE: Valkyrie since launch while dramatically enhancing the experience for new and current players alike. It introduces a next-generation fleet of iconic ships – including the new Covert class ship, "Shadow" – each one with their own distinctive role to play in battle. With new weapons – including powerful Ultra abilities – and a fully redesigned progression system for each ship, players will have more control over how they evolve their arsenal to suit their playstyle.

New to EVE: Valkyrie - Warzone will be the 'Extraction' game mode that puts capture-the-flag in outer space for an exhilarating gameplay experience. The Warzone expansion also features two new maps, "Fleet" and "Outpost," as well as new Wormholes that introduce a fresh challenge each week. Players will also be able to fight for Spoils of War to earn Loot Capsules, enabling them to unlock a hangar-full of personalization options for their ships and pilot.

Trailer:

Video about what Valkyrie:

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Just picked up a copy of this as it really cheap on the PS4 and the game updated to the Warzone patch, not being one for playing online games I just had a quick look at the tutorials and I love the way you target the ship in VR by just looking at them, totally awesome. might even give the main game a go as I think you can play with bots. 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

That sounds like a nice feature of just looking at a ship to engage it,  is it pretty accurate Pinback when there is ships or debris on the screen? Since this game is really fast paced how are you feeling after a session? Maybe when the new PS5 comes out I might add a VR headset too the purchase.... its nice to hear some feedback on peoples experiences.

I know its tough for these devs that are making VR games because I would think the audience is reduced that will be buy the game since most of these VR titles you cannot play without a headset. I hope with the next generation of consoles coming this year that this technology (and comfort in wearing them) gets better.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Not played it a lot of it because I started rolling the ship around and made myself a bit sick 😋 , the target reticule follows where you look and will target the nearest ship, then holding the trigger down for a second or so which give you lock on. Will have another go at it this weekend as I think it one of these games where you have to complete the tutorials before it will let you into the main game.

It great feature and all VR space games should have it. 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Well try to not get motion sickness 🙂 I have to admit when I played around with VR for a few mins they are doing a good job at making things feel like they could be there/real. I played just like a demo on getting used to the controls, but at some point your mind starts to think you are really interacting with the object you just picked up and you are staring at up close. So inside a cockpit of a ship must feel cool. My daughter didn't have any space games only shooter style games.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

The immersion in VR is the big one and the sense of scale in some games is awesome, not that many space cockpit games on the PlayStation store, the only other one is End Space and the Star Trek bridge one. 

ReplyQuote