Notifications
Clear all

Bug Report / Issues sub-forum?

Nraagh
(@nraagh)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Don't see a sub section for this, so suppose I'll just spit it out here.

When in Clouds, something is quite off either with rendering or the UI. When not moving at all, the rocks are also still, but the movement of the aiming is very disorienting. Once you accelerate to normal cruise speed, the rocks start ... rotating I suppose, perhaps around the central axis of the cloud. This only starts to happen once you are yourself in motion. Steering in this environment is quite a chore. Wish I could narrow it down more, but that is the jist of it, that combination.

I'm thinking it is something in rendering, are the rocks in some other layer? Their apparent movement relative to the player is much different compared to outside the cloud. Something with instanced geometry maybe?

bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered

Thanks Nraagh, I will check that out,  Were you flying a fighter or larger ship ?

Is this something you have observed in all clouds.

ReplyQuote
Nraagh
(@nraagh)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

The 3 I've been in all acted in that manner. As for ship; it was a fighter. Will try taking a Cap ship in, tonight.

ReplyQuote
bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered

I haven't been able to make this bug reoccur,  However I have done so many unreleased changes that I could have already fixed it.  The next update is due real soon, So hopefully that will resolve it.

Regards

Bobalot

ReplyQuote
Nraagh
(@nraagh)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Ok, here is how to reproduce it: merely switch to 3rd-person view when flying inside a nebula / cloud, etc. The LOD hides all the rocks most of the time. When they *do* show up, they're moving with some other perspective direction and distance. They appear to accelerate as the ship does, but laterally across the path of travel.

Go back to 1st person and all is fine again.

I suppose I could have been a bit more specific earlier, but I use that outside view so often I didn't think of it until I tried the in cockpit one while in a cloud purely by fluke.

** EDIT 2: hah! I was messing with some settings and it turns out the problem happens with "Star Field: OFF".  When set to ON, the problem is gone.

ReplyQuote
bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered

Okay, Gr8, I see that, I will get that fixed in the next update. Thanks again for the feedback and bug report.

Regards

Bobalot

ReplyQuote
mixway
(@mixway)
Crewman Registered

hi guys i am spanking brand new on this forum. I recently discovered this game and after downloading (i'm on a mac) i got this error.

Last login: Sun Nov 10 1955 on ttys000

/pioneer-20131110-osx/pioneer-20131110-osx/pioneer ; exit;

/pioneer-20131110-osx/pioneer-20131110-osx/pioneer ; exit;

/pioneer-20131110-osx/pioneer-20131110-osx/pioneer: line 11:  5547 Segmentation fault      ./pioneer.osx $1 $2 $3

logout

[Processen slutförd]

any ideas what might be wrong? i'm clueless..

i just wanna try this.

thanks in advance

ReplyQuote
bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered

mixway, posted to wrong forum. This ones for Fairspace.

ReplyQuote
Blongle
(@blongle)
Crewman Registered

Hi. A couple of things.

When atempting to dock on an enemy planet (and maybe base, not tried it) it says 'Your not welcome hear.' It should read 'You're not welcome here.'

More importantly, when you kill someone your rep with that race drops and their allies rep drops a bit too, but there's no way to get it up from the negative. I must have accidentally killed a Rigel (I think) ship very early on, around lvl3 and cannot get it to go up at all. I can't dock and get attacked frequently. If I'd have bought a second ship right at the start, I could have avoided this of course but didn't realise the significance at the time.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

ReplyQuote
bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered

Hi Blongle,

Thanks for playing, There is a large update due real soon (Its about 2 months over due). I Will get the wording updated as part of that.

If you go to your race view and hover over the race icon for rigel it will tell the there enemies and friends.  If you attack and kill there enemies you will eventually become friends again, You can see by the graph how close it is.  If there is a flashing red dot next to the race but is listed as green it means you are only temporarily enemies and your rep will fix after you dock somewhere.

I could possibly put in some other game mechanism for fixing your rep with certain races, I will consider it.

Again, thanks for playing, sorry there isn't enough people for you to play with....

Any additional feedback is welcome.

Regards

Bobalot

ReplyQuote