Notifications
Clear all

Fairspace 21st May Update

bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Fairspace Has Been Updated http://www.ssisgame.co.uk/fairspace

Ships have been rescaled to improve the graphics during combat,  This helps show of the engines normal mapping.

Hyperjumping distance is severely reduced when inside of a debret field,  You can still jump in but getting out will take time.

Looting missions within nebulars are now fully enabled, These will provide better than normal tech units for your ship's.

A red X is now shown on the map where you last died, This is to aid you in recovering any dropped loot during combat.

Cap ships show transparent when in freelook, This is to aid in combat.

Another Hud update, Feedback would be appreciated on this.

General interface update with a few effects thrown in here and there.

Some star systems have been adjusted and items have been moved around a little.

Mall has been removed as it served no real purpose.

Regards Bobalot

bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

A small bug in one of the pixel shaders stopped the game running for some people,   This has been corrected and will autoupdate on the next run.

I had used the C 0.0f rather than just 0.0 in the pixel shader, Some graphics card compilers ignored the problem other faulted.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Bobalot.

ReplyQuote
Semtex4ya
(@semtex4ya)
Crewman Registered

For me everything is fine but the HUD. I liked the old power, shield, hull, and core bars over the new ones because they were easy to read and you could see how much of each you had left. The new ones are thin and blue which makes them harder to see. White would be better against the darkness of space. Even though it makes sense to have the shield bar around the hull bar it is easier (for me anyway) to just look up (shield), down (hull), left (power) , right (Core) instead of left (power), center(shield), middle center (hull) and right (Core).

I have gotten used to the clear radar (meh never really looked at it anyway =P ), but if you made the cone of view lines (the V shape coming from the center) green/yellow or some other color then blue like the grid, then I think it would be fine.

The free-look thing and the Death marker are genius!

ReplyQuote
bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

yeah, I released a little earlier than I wanted, The hud is still a work in progress.  I Plan for the radar to have a spinny thing on it like it does on the telly in submarine movies :).

Im trying to visualise alternatives to the  right and left control panels, Maybe make a right click and have a cirle menu arround the center that pops up the list or control you want.

Have you notices the scale difference, You should see ships in more detail than before.

ReplyQuote
bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

The server was off for 2 hours Sunday evening, this was to perform some server updates.  A client update will be released within the next week.

regards

Bobalot

ReplyQuote