Notifications
Clear all

Fairspace Update

bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

Fairspace has been updated, There are allot of changes in this version but the most significant is probably the change to SDL to support controllers, I have only tested on the xbox controller but it should work for anything.

Any problems in playing, Please let me know and I will get them fixed.

Regards

Bobalot.

ScruffyBee
(@scruffybee)
Crewman Registered

Hi Bobalot

How do I stop the mouse pointer from scrolling vertically.
Unable to play the game because of it. Can't change settings or anything else.

ScruffyBee

ReplyQuote
ScruffyBee
(@scruffybee)
Crewman Registered

O.K.

Fixed it. It was the throttle control on my Logitech Extreme 3DPro joystick. It needed to be centered.

ScruffyBee .........

ReplyQuote
bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Glad you figured it out, I wouldn't have had a clue 🙂

Bobalot.

ReplyQuote
Semtex4ya
(@semtex4ya)
Crewman Registered

Looking great so far!  The clouds effects in the nebula and clouds is far batter than the plain solid color background. Also the Space background when flying around is much cleaner and sharper that the last one. The planet docking looks good so far for the fighters and trade ships, space stations could be improved and I haven't tried capital ships because I don't have one. As for the controller support, I don't have a wired Xbox 360 controller so I used a Logitech F310 instead. It liked all the buttons but didn't like the Triggers or the Sticks, but that’s okay I’m going to use the mouse and keyboard anyway.

Now for the warp animation, the one before it (the one that zooms out and then when you get to the other side zooms back in to your ship) in my opinion is better than the current one that fades to red and back. The red fade animation doesn’t make you “feel” like you just went light speed to the point you have chosen but you just teleported there instantly. If you warp by a planet then you can see through the red fade that the planet just, ”pop”, gone.

Other than that, keep up the good work!

Signed the richest guy in Fairspace

ReplyQuote
bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Semtex, Thanks for posting, I keep changing things ( not always for the better ).  I will drop the old style hyper-jump back in, Unless I can think of another cool effect.  I only have the 360 controller so I will try and get my hands on a joystick and see if I can program that up.

Bobalot.

ReplyQuote
megalomaster
(@megalomaster)
Crewman Registered

Hello,

So i just installed, and I wanted to know if there was a way to see who is all online. Was looking for some people to cruise with.

ReplyQuote
bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Megalomaster, The multiplayer communications windows shows all players that are logged in, They are also all shown on the map screen, Available on the top icon bar.  However there are not many active players at the moment.

Bobalot.

ReplyQuote