Notifications
Clear all

Download?

colmaniac
(@colmaniac)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, where can I get a clean download?  As the 500mb version sound and controls are not working and the smaller one with 3 parts part 1 is corrupt.

Thanks 

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

The sounds and the controls seem to work on my download of it and it is what I created the archive from?

ReplyQuote
colmaniac
(@colmaniac)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

il try and download it again

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Make sure you use this download: http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/files/file/825-ffed3d-complete7z/

ReplyQuote
colmaniac
(@colmaniac)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi tried the link, I keep getting failed download at about 50% 3 times tried

ReplyQuote
AndyJ
(@andyj)
Senior Chief Registered

Hi colmaniac

You may have more luck with the split-file that's in the FFED3D downloads area.

Note though that you'll need an up to date version of 7zip installed to extract it without error, probably if you have an old version installed it'll fail to extract. Be sure to download parts 001,002, 003 & 004 into the same directory and be sure to open part 001 with 7zip. (I have WinRAR 4.2 installed and Windows wants to use this by default to extract 7zip files but it will not succeed)

Once you've extracted everything, can I recommend adding my FFED3DAJ patch over the top of it as this then fixes many issues. You can find it here and the primary .zip has more detailed instructions within its readme file.

If all else fails with the downloads, head over to the FFED3DAJ thread over at the Russian forum where FFED3D originated from and grab the v1.12b++ package from there. That thread is in English as I don't speak Russian and they've kindly accomodated me, but you'll have to sign up  to download anything - so it helps if you have google translation toolbar enabled!

AndyJ

ReplyQuote
colmaniac
(@colmaniac)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Im still getting a download error, im going to try something else tomorrow see if it works

ReplyQuote