Notifications
Clear all

the galaxy map...no mouse plz..

Solbeamer
(@solbeamer)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hello.

The manual says: use mouse with right button to navigate/rotatie the universe 3d-map.

but my mouse let's the map rotate fast like crazy. totally unussable. same with ship. must have to do with sesibility lvl of mouse. but it would be silly to adjust that every time I log on, and then when I want to do other stuff on the pc. Why cant I rotate the map with handy keybord keys? It's just...you know...

oO

@

~ ....like what?!? Why?? Makes no sence...

AndyJ
(@andyj)
Senior Chief Registered

Hi Solbeamer,

Try editing ffewin.cfg (FFED3D) or ffed3daj.cfg (FFED3DAJ patch) depending which you're using.

Look for

[MOUSE]

sensitivity=100

decreasing this value will reduce how quickly the map/ship can be rotated by the mouse.

you'll have to experiment, try 20 to start and increase/decrease from there.

It is a bit odd that there was no keyboard support to rotate, only scroll. I guess the original programmers didn't expect anyone not to want to use mouse as it gives finer control.

I also just discovered that holding Shift when pressing arrows slides the map quickly for faster navigation. I'm not sure if the manual mentioned that or if I've just forgotten about it over the years...

ReplyQuote
Solbeamer
(@solbeamer)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

thanks. will apply the above...:)

ReplyQuote
AndyJ
(@andyj)
Senior Chief Registered

Actually, I stand corrected about the original programmers not adding keyboard rotation of maps ...

The original MSDOS version of FFE did indeed support rotation using the standard flight controls a/z </>.

It seems though that this was broken or never implemented during the reverse-engineering to JJFFE, so all versions since then (GLFFE/FFED3D etc)  haven't supported rotation of either the sector map or the system/planets view.

ReplyQuote