Notifications
Clear all

BATTLETECH The Game (2017)

MV2000
(@mv2000)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I noticed this kind of thread hasn't existed yet since their successful KS campaign.

A bit late but some eye candys

This topic was modified 5 years ago by DarkOne

Topic Tags
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

Nice...but i prefer a mech simulator like mechwarrior, it's time someone think to a new mech simulator.

I want to pilot a mech in a real simulator but not online.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Yes a recreation of Mech Warrior 2 is all we need 🙂

It would have been nice if they made it a bit less strategic and more action. I can't remember the exact game but it was on the PS or Nintendo but there was a mech game that I liked a lot and you controlled several mechs across objectives as well and I thought that game was done well.

Least give the player the ability to perform the planned action to give the player more control of success instead of percentage chance/dice roll type game play that this looks to be.

I haven't read too much into this game yet, but if I have the gameplay wrong please correct me. But this video doesn't excite me at all for this game.

ReplyQuote
MV2000
(@mv2000)
Topic starter  

It would have been nice if they made it a bit less strategic and more action. I can't remember the exact game but it was on the PS or Nintendo but there was a mech game that I liked a lot and you controlled several mechs across objectives as well and I thought that game was done well.

So...Front Mission then?

Too bad those Japanese isn't going to make anything remotely similar (and as glorious) as it is and probably will never will.

Least give the player the ability to perform the planned action to give the player more control of success instead of percentage chance/dice roll type game play that this looks to be.

Understandably this one tries to be faithful to its tabletop counterpart so RNG aspect is highly inevitable.

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

Yes a recreation of Mech Warrior 2 is all we need 🙂

Actually mech games are dead, i hope for a golden age return of mech simulator games. I don't take in consideration armored core series because it's a third person shooter not a real simulator.

Imagine a new mechwarrior with modern graphics and oculus rift support!  

ReplyQuote
MV2000
(@mv2000)
Topic starter  

I don't take in consideration armored core series because it's a third person shooter not a real simulator.

Say whatever you want about Armored Core, but pre-AC4 was still technically a sim (compared to things like Zone of the Enders, Gundam games, MW2 PSX port and MechAssault) but exclusively designed for console. Which means it will never become a "real simulator" as anyone'd like to expect.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Imagine a new mechwarrior with modern graphics and oculus rift support!

Definitely cannot wait for that and I am sure someone must be working on one?

ReplyQuote
Mamed6
(@mamed6)
Petty Officer Registered

I loved it as a table top game and would like to see it on PC if done well. MechWarrior Tactics was shaping up to be great until the company that was working on it folded or whatever.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Game is being released on April 24th

I will probably wait to see some reviews before I dive into this one, or wait until some dlc has been released .... http://store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BATTLETECH/

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I haven't followed this game much because I wanted a bit more first person aspect to the game personally, but may pick it up in the future once all of the content is done being published in one big bundle. Currently there is a new addon announced 'Heavy Metal'

ReplyQuote