I have always enjoyed games that explored the whole Chernobyl aftermath and some of the mysteries behind this disaster. This survival sci-fi horror looks pretty good so far in early access on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1016800/Chernobylite/
Chernobylite is a science-fiction survival horror experience. The game is mixing free exploration of its disturbing world with challenging combat, unique crafting and non-linear storytelling. We will constantly challenge you to:
Craft your gear and weapons to protect yourself from the supernatural threats lurking in the zone. Decide what happens in the world around you.
PLAY BY YOUR OWN RULES
Ally or compete with other stalkers of the Chernobyl zone to survive. Each day brings new challenges. Plan your strategy carefully if you want to survive.
Maintain your resolve and keep your wits about you – the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant is not what it once was. No one can foresee the horrors that may have befallen your beloved.
- Explore the beautiful and horrifyingly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone;
- Collaborate or compete with other stalkers you meet in the Zone. But whatever you do never fully trust them. Remember everybody has a hidden agenda. Always;
- Face and survive the natural and supernatural threats;
- Immerse yourself in the non-linear, thrilling, science-fiction horror story;
- Make a good use of your character's knowledge, to craft your equipment and manage your supplies;
- Fight against the savage creatures pouring from the alternate reality;
- Investigate and collect data with sophisticated environment and substance analyzing tools.
Looks interesting. 🙂
I am sure you know about it already, but S.T.A.L.K.E.R The Lost Alpha has been available for free on Mod DB for a good while now. Its seen updates too and is much improved over the old Stalker game.
And here for a trailer..
I haven't got back to stalker since I lost my saves, but when I was playing I had the 'The Lost Alpha' mod installed and it improved the base game greatly and that was like 4+ years ago I had that loaded so I would be interested to see it now. That video you posted shows a lot of good things, I have to get back to the STALKER series since thats another one I haven't completed all the way through yet.
Not sure how much of Chernobylite's gameplay is going to be like STALKER but if they do make it like STALKER they could have a sleeper hit, especially if you do mods like 'The Lost Alpha' mod too it in the future.
I wish I could retire and then I could play games more 🙂