Notifications
Clear all

Doom

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

All I have to say is that this new DOOM looks amazing... think the best FPS I saw so far during E3 and I loved that feature of SnapMap the level editor, the creation power of that editor will give people unlimited content for this game. What an amazing showing I thought DOOM had and the engine is beautiful. And I personally love the fact that there is a solid single player campaign with multiplayer added as well. Not sure if snapmap will allow single player story missions to be created but there does look like there is a lot of playability here and if I remember correctly that all those maps can be shared across platforms.

Trailer

Doom Hell Map:

SnapMap

ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)
Warrant Officer Registered

The first trailer I saw was the first one you had listed here, and I originally thought it looked like a lot of gimmicky bullshit.  Emphasizing the melee as much as they did was a big mistake.  The later trailers a saw look a LOT better, and they actually look like they are doing a little bit to emulate the game play of the original.  The map editor is also a really good idea.  After watching the "Doom Hell Map" trailer a few times, I'm definitely quite excited.  I've been going back to the original Doom every once in a while for 22 years.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Yeah I know they only add the up close and personal kills for the flash and awe factor. Some were funny and sometimes it was unnecessary because I thought it took away from the action. But I would guess that would be some sort of special action you would need to perform to do melee kills so I guess you don't have to do them. Multiplayer was something I wasn't too thrilled with because I think it would be like the Unreal Tournament and Doom online type games where people are jumping all over the place and you get people camping spawns and all that. I really do hope that that SnapMap editor becomes a serious tool to create content because it could be a game changer for Doom personally.

ReplyQuote
MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered

Ooooo looks like my GTX980 might need to spin up it's fans for this - looooove it 😀

ReplyQuote
ShaunWilliams
(@shaunwilliams)
Petty Officer Registered

Looks awesome,  I have been looking forward to it for years, Hence my game - CDF Ghostship

These days, it all about eye candy and cheap thrills,  and the trailers at e3 are far from what you end up playing sometimes and it doesn't seem to have that same fast paced gun hoe action.  Although the level editor will be a huge hit.  

ReplyQuote
natansharp
(@natansharp)
Master Chief Registered

Amazing but...i'd like if IdSoftware (now bethesda) start to work to different projects instead making a lot of remakes.

I loved wolfstein remakes (also wolfenstein 2009) but a new project is needed. They made Rage and it was a flop...it's time to have better ideas!

ReplyQuote