Notifications
Clear all

Genesis Alpha One

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I wonder how the game will play with these mechanics. It sounds like they are doing some really cool stuff here with ship design and then ebing able to traverse your ship.... perfect. But lets hold judgement until we see how they do it 🙂

In a near future ravaged by wars, corrupt regimes and devastating pollution, influential corporations have created the Genesis program in a last-ditch attempt to save humanity.
As the Captain of a Genesis starship, you journey into uncharted space on the ultimate mission. Build and manage a space vessel, farm resources, deal with terrifying alien infestations, clone creatures and explore a vast, randomly generated universe.

Your goal: Find new homes for humanity’s DNA and save the species from extinction.

Check it out on steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/712190/Genesis_Alpha_One/

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

That ship building bit reminds me of the base building from the original XCom game in that the placement of the hangar bay is going to be crucial.

As this is being made by Team 17, I wonder if the Breed will be making an appearance.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Due out in January...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Another one off to the Epic store, for an unknown period of time. https://steamcommunity.com/games/712190/announcements/detail/1721961700671288107

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Yeah I read about that too yesterday, guess Epic is throwing around all that cash that fortnite is making for them 🙂 I will be interested in seeing how successful Epic is, I still have yet to checkout their website.

Developer could release on both Steam and Epic its just Epic is paying for the rights more than likely

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

New trailer from Team 17 and it's up for pre orders on the Epic store, that's if anyone daft enough to pre order a game nowadays.

It's exclusive for a year to Epic.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Pick this up second hand and very cheap on the PS4 and I don't think it has been out very long, so I was some what surprised at the price.

Not played it yet and might be a while before I get around to it.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Team 17? Now that is a very old name that Pinback. I remember Alien Breed 3D II and the hype at the time of it's release. i know they remade the 2D games but it would be nice if the also did the FPS versions too.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I did the ask the devs on the steam forum about any inclusion of the Breed in the game but they said they would not be making any appearance.

I did read that Team 17 is the publisher and not the dev team making the game, so maybe something to do with copyright?.

would be great if they made another Alien Breed game, with Yorkshire space marines. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Just noticed that the game is now on Steam, doesn't seem like a year and it looks like it's been released but the game is still getting lots of patches.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Yeah looks like the deluxe edition is what is released: https://store.steampowered.com/app/712190/Genesis_Alpha_One_Deluxe_Edition/

Team 17 is still posting patches so thats a plus as well, I do like the look of this game and I hope with all the fixes it has improved since your playthrough on PS4?

ReplyQuote