Notifications
Clear all

Gravity Well by the creator of Shores of Hazeron

KingHaggis
(@kinghaggis)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

It may sound dramatic but when Haxus pulled the plug on Shores of Hazeron I've been quite dazed and confused for a few weeks, if not months. The game was so intense and immense that it totally had me hooked. I've never been addicted to anything in my life but Shores of Hazeron came pretty close to an addiction to be honest. Together with a friend I managed one of the biggest empires in the Hazeron galaxy. I've been playing a lot of ArmA 2 Warfare, Pioneer and Elite Dangerous since but once you've experienced empire building on a galactic scale in a persistent and procedural universe everything else seems a bit boring.

Every week I visit Haxus' website hoping somehow Shores of Hazeron has been given a new life but, alas... However, a few days ago, someone on Youtube pointed me to this website: http://gw.softwareengineering.com

As Haxus explains in the forums, those who compare Gravity Well to Shores of Hazeron may be a bit disappointed as it's a totally different game. But reading the game manual, Gravity Well looks very promising in it's own way nonetheless! Please excuse me if this game has already been mentioned on this website.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I haven't heard of this one yet, so thanks for bringing it up KingHaggis.

Looks interesting, would be nice if they made a better website because at first glance it screams incomplete and not supported. A nice website with some content would do wonders.

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)
Warrant Officer Registered

Seems to be a revamped version of this:

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

'Tis officially playable.

It is  nothing like Hazeron.  And that is not a good thing...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Seems to be a revamped version of this:

it's version 6 according to the website, looks a bit like a 3D version of space wars.

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)

I played it for a bit. I personally like it a lot. It does have a high microtransactions content.

I'm not sure if you need microtransactions to buy ship upgrades, or that you can earn 'credits' ingame. I'll try to figure that one out later.

For the rest, I'm glad to pay 2$ for the initial purchase to get blapped to death by pay2win players if it might bring hazeron back 😀

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)

http://gw.softwareengineering.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3&start=20

Also in other news 😉

ReplyQuote
KingHaggis
(@kinghaggis)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Yeah, I just read that!

I'm so glad there's a big probability now that Shores of Hazeron will return! Though it seems many fans want the galaxysize to be shrunken to about 100 sectors, I think the big scale of the Original Hazeron should be kept in tact. It's what made it so relaxing an fun. Plenty of time for exploration and building up an Empire before making contact with your neighbours.

But anyway, I'm very happy with this great news. I'm gonna hit that donate button as soon it's online 😎

And to everybody who never played Shores of Hazeron: please do so! It takes a while to get used to its ...eerrrr.... unique style, but once you know how it works, you'll find that it's actually one of the best games ever. The scale and freedom of gameplay is just unmatched by any other game.

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)

I recognize your nickname from youtube 😀

ReplyQuote
KingHaggis
(@kinghaggis)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

LOL, I hope that's a good thing 😀

Oh man, I was so excited to see Hazeron is coming back but now I read Haxus wants 10 dollars a month to play it and he will shrink the galaxy size. I'm afraid this means no Hazeron for me 🙁

10 dollars a month is way too much i.m.o.

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)

Imo its not too much, as long as Haxus doesn't do major fuckups like he did in the past few years with some patches 😀

ReplyQuote
MrsHaxus
(@mrshaxus)
Crewman Registered

Hazeron is back and has the full galaxy size!  Lots of bugs fixed.  Continuing development. 

ReplyQuote