Clear all

Homeworld Returns!

Page 1 / 2

robske
(@robske)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

http://www.homeworldremastered.com/

I got very excited when I saw this! I'd love to see Homeworld show those pansies what REAL strategy gaming is like.

Your thoughts?

MV2000
(@mv2000)

As long as Gearbox doesn't do anything retarded with it.....

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)
Topic starter  

As long as the department which worked on borderlands does it, it'll be fine 🙂

ReplyQuote
MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered

I do hope they get this right! If Homeworld floats you boat, check-out this indie offering http://shallow-space.com

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

According to Inc Gamer http://www.incgamers.com/2014/05/homeworld-remastered-collection-available-for-pre-order pre order can be place on the US Amazon Home world remastered collection.

So if you really want a plastic stature it's yours for $99.99.

Homeworld-Remastered.jpg?d36251

Gearbox are ready so start selling pre-orders for the nifty looking Homeworld mothership replica that comes with the Homeworld Remastered Collection.

The price of this edition is a hefty $99.99 and includes the 13″  Pride of Hiigara Mothership replica which is described as “An exclusive Pride of Hiigara Mothership replica, over 13″tall on an iconic Guidestone Replica base. Beautifully and meticulously crafted with hand-painted detail. Comes to life with USB-powered LEDs illuminating the ship’s engines, ports and bays.”

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)
Topic starter  

Very lousy that they won't ship to europe....

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Very lousy that they won't ship to europe....

Damn! I want one of these!!!

ReplyQuote
Jalaris
(@jalaris)
Crewman Registered

I played Homeworld once before a long time ago, but, since I know most of you guys have a hard-on for Homeworld or Homeworld-esque things, 

HERE YOU GO! 😀

http://www.pcgamer.com/get-a-first-glimpse-of-homeworld-remastered/

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I hope they remaster Homeworld right, I would hope they would have made some fixes and additions besides the graphic/sound updates. They don't need to go wild, but they should make it special because for some gamers out there this will be the first time they play a Homeworld.

ReplyQuote
ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)

I have an embarrassing confession to make.

I really wish I had bought the collector's edition for this while it was still available, and am pretty sad that they are gone.  I so loved Homeworld, and for some reason haven't played it in a while.

Embarrassing, because collector's editions are an absurd waste of money, but for one of my favorite games ever, oh it would have been so beautiful...

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)
Topic starter  

I have an embarrassing confession to make.

I really wish I had bought the collector's edition for this while it was still available, and am pretty sad that they are gone.  I so loved Homeworld, and for some reason haven't played it in a while.

Embarrassing, because collector's editions are an absurd waste of money, but for one of my favorite games ever, oh it would have been so beautiful...

Subject: Your Amazon.co.uk order of "Homeworld Remastered..." 

ReplyQuote
MV2000
(@mv2000)

Could've been much better if they didn't touch the FMV cutscenes IMHO. As mentioned somewhere else, the new 3D render look kinda ruined the original cutscene's comicbook atmosphere.

ReplyQuote
MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered

Damned if they do, damned if they don't - I watch with great interest but these die-hard HW fans are a tough bunch to please.

Even if they made the perfect rendition I suspect they'll get slammed, I'm looking forward to it in any case - I think they'll do a good job.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Agreed, game isn't released yet so I think they will continue to tweek the cutscenes and the game. I think overall it is great they are bringing the game IP back and trying to improve upon it. Yeah some gamers my just like the original, which is fine... play the original. But for those that don't have access to the original or want to play a more updated version I am sure the gameplay mechanics will still be in place that we all loved in the game, I doubt they will ruin that. There is a ton of spaces games I would love to see redone with todays tech. I thought they were going to redo both games and then work on a sequel but I could be wrong.

ReplyQuote
MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered

Agreed, game isn't released yet so I think they will continue to tweek the cutscenes and the game. I think overall it is great they are bringing the game IP back and trying to improve upon it. Yeah some gamers my just like the original, which is fine... play the original. But for those that don't have access to the original or want to play a more updated version I am sure the gameplay mechanics will still be in place that we all loved in the game, I doubt they will ruin that. There is a ton of spaces games I would love to see redone with todays tech. I thought they were going to redo both games and then work on a sequel but I could be wrong.

They are probably testing the waters. 

I think it'll be bloody difficult for them to mess this up, despite all the pomp and posturing if someone turned around to me and my imaginary team of 30 developers and said 'here's the Nexus: TJI code can you update it for the modern day here's a couple of million quid,' I'd probably have a little flap at the start of the project but I don't think I'd be losing much sleep over the task really (mainly because Nexus and Homeworld would have been very well written to begin with.)

Now if they were announcing something new, then I'd be impressed - but I'm not getting excited over a few upscaled models and some copy-typed code, I am excited over the fact it'll finally work on the Windows 6.x kernel however.

ReplyQuote
ShaunWilliams
(@shaunwilliams)
Petty Officer Registered

Homeworld is my fav RTS.  Excellent mechanics and storyline.  Crucially both have to be kept the same or close to the original.  The original home world is that old there is whole new current generation out there to explore it.  They don't need to change it in any way, just enhance it.  Blizzard did a great job of that with the Diablo 3 and Star-craft games.  

My Main concern is that Gearbox is now in charge of this task, and look how the ruined the IP for Colonial Marines?

The problem is that most new games try to do something new and it doesn't work, in most cases anyway.  A lot of games have deviated from the focus on gameplay and fun to storyline and hollywood actors and effects.   A lot of games over the last decade have lost that "challenge" of the game, and most games nowadays you are pushed through the game and forced to complete it for the storyline, not so much the challenge.   One of the best things about homeworld is the gameplay, so they really need to concentrate on that and also expand on the multiplayer side of it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

You can pre order on Steam for the 25 of Feb release http://www.homeworldremastered.com/

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)
Topic starter  

You can pre order on Steam for the 25 of Feb release http://www.homeworldremastered.com/

Is it just me or do you also get hard nipples from hearing this? 😀

ReplyQuote
MawhrinSkel
(@mawhrinskel)
Master Chief Registered

Yaaaaay, looks like i'm going to be busy for a month or so 😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Dev diary 1

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

More video of Homeworld Returns.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I am still torn on ether I should pre-order this or wait until the price drops. I would liked a boxed copy to go along with my originals. It does look very nice though. I wonder if they "fixed" the "nick the entire enemy fleet tactic" using loads of Salvage Corvettes? That was lots of fun in the first game having a massive fleet of stolen ships.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Episode two.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

video showing a couple of the remaster 4K in game cinematics.

And theirs another one appeared.

ReplyQuote
MV2000
(@mv2000)

So...anyone getting this today?

Average metacritic review so far is 8.9 so there should be nothing possibly could go very wrong....maybe.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2