Clear all

InfiniExplorers/Farlight Explorers

Farlight
(@farlight)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Spacesimcentral community!

My name is David and I'm developping an Indie game called Farlight Explorers

InfiniExplores is a 3D space-sandbox game, made for space exploration, science fiction, resource management and action fans. In this game you can build your colony or spaceship, explore the galaxy, fight against other enemy factions, commerce and more...

When you start the game you choose a planet to start from the hundreds out there in the galaxy map. Once on the planet you have to extract resources to begin building a colony that provides you with the items to survive like food and others. If the colony is secure, you can start building your spaceship to go to other planets to extract unique resources that you need to develop new technologies, or you can also use your spaceship to attack pirates, or trade with friendly factions or discover buried secrets.

Trailer Pre-alpha video

Some pictures

pR9RxnI.jpg

DiRtXtu.jpg

TdknisN.jpg

PywY7EK.jpg

you can see all the album here:

I've just submitted InfiniExplorers to Steam Greenlight. The idea is to be able to put InfiniExplorers on Steam Store. Like I said in other comments I think the game is in a point where it needs some profeesional work, for example in 3d and 2d. To be in Steam is a great bridge in order to get funds and hire some good proffesionals.

Also I setup a crowdfunding campaing.

If you can help I will appreciate it.

Thank you for your help, and good luck for all the devs, all of you are doing great works, I wish all of them will reach their dreams.

David

auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered

Looks very promising so far David. Good luck with the game and welcome to SSC! 🙂

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote
Farlight
(@farlight)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you!!

ReplyQuote
medchtsia
(@medchtsia)
Petty Officer Registered

This game makes me almost regret buying elite Dangerous. Almost.

Also this game is above what many wish space engineers would be like.

Also have you ever thought about gas planet mining?

ReplyQuote
Farlight
(@farlight)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  
Hi, Thank you for your comment!!.

About Gas planet mining it's a great idea!! I have to think how to develop that idea and I will need time, but could be great that the player had to design a spaceship to extract gas from the giant gas planet, and then transport this gas to a some process platform. Or let the player build some kind of gas mining platform in the atmosphere of the gas giant, I have to think how to make real this idea, but is cool. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)
Warrant Officer Registered

Pledged on the indiegogo. Got to know about your game through factorio devs who did some advertising for you guys on their blog 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pyros
(@pyros)
Master Chief Registered

Very good and very promising - congrats.

Only quibble I have is using indiegogo as a crowdfunding platform - my personal experiences weren't great - but not disastrous either, I just prefer Kickstarter.

Anyway, good luck, I'll be pledging on this game 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Looking very nice Farlight and I am very interested in how the gaming world your building reacts while your not at your station/outpost/planet? Will battles and production and manufacturing continue when your not around to manage it and will you have any controls or insight to these areas when you are away from them?

As always if you need a forum area or gallery on SSC you just need to ask and feel free to upload any demo to the download area.

ReplyQuote
Farlight
(@farlight)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  
Hi, Sorry about the Delay,

Right now when you are out of the outpost, the factories don't continue working, but I think that it is a great idea that the planet could store all the production meanwhile the player is out, I have to see if that idea is possible to do.

About the forum area, thank you a lot for the offer but the game now is changing a lot, even I changed the name, when I improve all the graphics and create the style of the game I will send you a message.

Thank you a lot for your help and support!!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Just noticed the other week that this is now on Steam and has had a name change to "Farlight Explorers". http://store.steampowered.com/app/352430/

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Didn't think this game was still in existence and nice to see if finally made it to steam. Looks like the developer has just recently updated the engine to UE4 so we'll see where it goes from here.

ReplyQuote