Notifications
Clear all

Lords of the Black Sun

auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,

Has anyone played this 4X game? I picked it up today from my favourite local game shop having never heard of it.....but now I'm starting to regret it because the reviews look awful 🙂

http://store.steampowered.com/app/246940/

I may take it back to the shop unopened, but thought I'd ask for opinions from SSC folks first!

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

Bouitaz
(@bouitaz)
Senior Chief Registered

I've played it, though I had to start it up again just to remember what it was like.

It's so bland and unremarkable that I couldn't remember anything about it.

I wouldn't normally recommend Not Playing a game but sadly, you really really wont miss anything by skipping this one.

http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2014/10/lords-of-the-black-sun-review/

Same with Horizon and StarDrive 2.

ReplyQuote
auryx
(@auryx)
Topic starter  

Ahh...that's a pity, but thanks for the advice Bouitaz. Wish I had asked before I bought it! At least I can return it unopened and get my money back 😀

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)

My general advice is stay away from anything from Iceberg Interactive. I've been burned by so many of their games now that they've entered my personal blacklist of notorious crappy game deliverers.

Worst still, they tend to 'partner' up with kickstarter projects which promised to remain DRM free and available on multiple platforms at all times (including stardrive1 amongst others) and then suddenly after a while the game became steam only which nearly forced me to repurchase it (I had gotten it on Desura). And this is just one example of many where they (nearly) screw up a large amount of buyers.

No, as such, any game developed in partnership or published by Iceberg Interactive won't receive any money from me nor will they be Pirated. They tend to be bland and uninteresting anyways. Even X rebirth was far more interesting to me 2 days after release than 99% of all iceberg interactive stuff. And that really says a lot because X Rebirth was in a horrible state back then (in those 2 days I advanced my storyline to the omicron lyrae plot area).

ReplyQuote