Notifications
Clear all

Project Aura

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Jorge the CEO of  Pixel Quality Games contacted me to tell me about their upcoming game that should be released in 2014 call Project Aura. Surprised this one slipped through my radar unless this hasn't been talked about that much on the web, but from the video comments looks like the site and everything just popped up 2-3wks ago. Check out the website for more info: http://www.projectaura.com/en/

Phaserlight
(@phaserlight)
Master Chief Registered

Interesting; reminds me a little of that Tom Cruise movie "Oblivion", with a stronger environmental message.  It seems unclear what type of game this is: best case it could be a genre-bender, but I'll wait and see.  Apparently, one of the devs on the site's forum describes it as realtime inside the colony and "pseudo turn based" outside*, which doesn't sound all that appealing to me.  However, with a background in Geophysical Science, the premise is very intriguing.

The narrator of the trailer also pronounces "Aura" in a unique way (it sounds Spanish?); it makes me want to know more about the developer.

ReplyQuote
ramdy
(@ramdy)
Crewman Registered

Hi, Phaserlight

Project Aura is a simulation game with an emphasis on management together with a strategy component. Not sure if a genre-bender, but... let's do something different! By now we can't give much details, not until a first playable version (demo/tutorial) is available.

Regarding RT/TBS. It is scheduled to be at least 3 time speeds where it should be possible to issue orders in game also with game paused. For the strategy aspect (the outside map, ships, resources, etc.), we want to go for something like a "tactic" map; but how it will end, will depends a lot on users feedback and community synergies.

Our narrator is from USA, where there are multi nationalities in our team and also Spanish 🙂

Thansk for your interest and comments!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Game is currently in early access on Steam

http://steamcommunity.com/app/305940

Steam reviews are very positive for this game so that is always a good sign.

ReplyQuote
ramdy
(@ramdy)
Crewman Registered

Hi Darkone, nice to see you are following game progress.

And yes, the game was launched in Early Access on January this year.

ReplyQuote
CrossDressiNate
(@crossdressinate)
Senior Chief Registered

This looks like a somewhat interesting game! Is it possible to heal parts of the environment to exoand your base or create another?

ReplyQuote
Waervyn
(@waervyn)
Petty Officer Registered

I've bought it a while ago, but at the moment I can't really recommend it yet. It's very obtuse and not that interesting (although to be fair I haven't been able to play in 2 months and it had some updates). That said, I think the game shows a lot of promise, so I don't necessarily regret spending the money to support the devs.

ReplyQuote
ramdy
(@ramdy)
Crewman Registered

By now most features implemented are related to the game sandbox (core features), if you play right now you can experience the pure sandbox mostly and have to admit it is not very engaging yet (for current version 2.67 there are no threats, quests, game goals, etc.), however we are finding valuable feedback during this stage and doing the proper improvements is taking its time.

For the 2.7 we are redoing the morale and maintenance system, there will be new residential mechanics and about 100 new items.

We hope to reach soon our next major version: Beta 3. 🙂

ReplyQuote