Notifications
Clear all

Star Wars Vader Immortal

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Hmm ... Looks like a episodic star wars game in VR (3 episodes). Definitely looks promising if the narrative and controls are good. Don't have a VR setup yet, but this would be on the list to get if I did.

Hope the story is good.... it estimates that each episode will be 60mins of gameplay roughly... ugh thats a little short, hope the price is relatively low.

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Looks a bit like Alien isolation, if you are being stalked by Vader in the game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Just seen that this has come out on PSVR, seems to have a few bugs although they may have been fixed by now and you will need the PlayStation move controller to play it.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I spotted this the other day in Game and as it's the disk version, I had to buy it, also it was cheap. 🤣

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Awesome, you can stand their giving Vader the finger. 🤣 🤣

Just played the first episode, only about 30 minutes long and a bit on the linear side, but you do get a lightsaber to play with. 😎   

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

How did you do? 🙂 

Do you think the VR controls are accurate/responsive enough? 30min episode... 😯 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Games more of an experience than a game, something you may only play once, control wise it's using the teleport system to move around and the turning is 90 degrees, although I think their is an option for smooth turning and the PS4 move controllers work but feel awkward.

Played through the second part and ran into a couple of show stopping bugs, where I had to restart the game from the auto save point and given that the game been out on digital for a while, it's strange these have not been fixed.    

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Guess I will continue to wait on VR, I rarely see my daughter use hers and I been reading steam reviews on games that do have VR support and people are complaining about controls as well. If anything you would think controls would be the #1 thing to get right to make the experience good. people can forgive gfx and story and stuff like that as long as the gameplay is good.

Posted by: @pinback

control wise it's using the teleport system to move around and the turning is 90 degrees

Can you do a decent play session like that being warped around doesn't it mess with you?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

The teleport system plays more like the old 16 bit dungeons crawlers where you move one tile at a time but smoother, which I think is the best way I can described it.

I think some sort of glove would be the best solution to the hand control in Vr games as at the moment you can only have the hand grab or one finger point.    

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Ok finished the third part of the game which also has a couple bug in it, not a bad little title but at the end of the day more an experience than a game. you also get to practice your lightsaber skill in three dojos but it only last about one and half hours and theirs not much incentive to go back to it. 

Probably only of interest to StarWars fans and even then I would only say pick up it up if it's on sale and you have the VR equipment required.   

ReplyQuote