Notifications
Clear all

Starium XCV Kickstarter - Online Strategy

auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hey all,

In case anyone is interested - a strategy gamer that I follow on Twitch is involved in a Kickstarter for a browser-based multiplayer 4X-style sci-fi game. I quite like the look of it so far, so thought I would share it here to spread the word and in case anyone is interested in backing!

Starium XCV Kickstarter

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Starium XCV looks like its well done for the type of game it is and its scope. I am just not a huge fan of these sorts of games personally.

I think they will have a hard time reaching that goal of 30k for a web based MMO style of game. They might have to just go F2P and inject some micro-transactions to fund it. I think kickstarter has lost its luster for me, I used to like the platform but too many games were never finished so unless a game is by a publisher I trust or the game looks to be in a beta state I don't even bother.

I will give this MMO a try once it hits the market, hope they succeed 🙂

ReplyQuote
auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks D1, yeah, I know what you mean - I think they will struggle, despite the fact that I think it looks good. I'm hoping the word spreads and they get enough to fund it.

I have also seen a bunch of Kickstarters fail recently - or worse, succeed, and then the creator goes bankrupt and never delivers what has been paid for. So am also starting to get a bit wary.

Anyway, fingers crossed for Starium!

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote