Notifications
Clear all

Terminator Resistance

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Looks like it could be fun if the story is decent, doesn't look like it has a lot of depth but it is based off the better movies in the series 1&2. Looks like its only on Xbox and PS4 for now.

This topic was modified 4 years ago by DarkOne

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

It's about time there was a decent Terminator game. Hope this is it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Have their ever been any good ones. 🙂

ReplyQuote
tsmspace
(@tsmspace)
Senior Chief Registered

Can I change the subject a little bit?? I won't be playing the video game, but I DO wish terminator would come out with a new release. Actually, I just wish movies and stuff were open source.

The basic concept is the beginning of skynet. In my personal multiverse, here's the story.

Arnold S. is John Conner. As an adult, John Conner is a popular public figure in a modernizing world. Two world powers build significant robotic militaries, resulting in so much automation, that in truth, no one is required to participate for a war to be devestating, the robot weapons are enough. One side (the side that John Conner is on), ends up with a bug in the central blockchain brain, and the robotic forces suddenly attack the cold-war frenemy (perhaps played by China or Russia), which immediately triggers an automated counter-attack. Despite open knowledge by all sides that the attack is a bug, it is not possible for the frenemy to survive unless a full robotic counter is allowed. THe human militaries do not engage, and instead take largely fruitless efforts to save their populations from the nearly instantaneous eradication that results from the robotic conflict.

John Conner somehow found himself in a position to lead a small group of survivors (using high tech weapons and machines that are not a part of skynet-home) , and begins travelling when possible and gathering survivors. John Conner's face becomes synonymous with salvation, and when bunkers see his face, they know it is safe to open themselves to the outside world. The robotic enemy forces, however, are incredibly adept at monitoring this liberation, and despite being unable to attack John Conner without moving out of standoff position, learn of the psychology of the sitaution and create mimic robots of John Conner to penetrate holdouts with minimal risk of resource cost. A single Terminator robot is usually capable of eliminating a cell if it penetrates the bunker. Although John Conner's face no longer means the doors will open, the attacks are successful enough to be remembered.

The world is locked in a standoff, with no side able to shut down skynet-home, and the frenemy unwilling to shutdown skynet-away unless they are safe. Technology advances rapidly in the lockdown culture, and time travel is discovered. It is only natural that the most successful of the robots is the one chosen to alter time by assassinating John Conner,,,

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Interesting concept there tsmspace.

It would be nice to have some narrative around Skynet taking control. Where maybe you play the game before bad things happen and you see the world changing and how you get thrown into the aftermath.

Most people above the age of 20 have seen Terminator movies we know the outcome, we know the general story. So why not let us experience the story arc from peaceful planet to total robot domination.

Make our decisions matter in the battles we win or loose mean something. Let the player make the game unwinnable where Skynet cannot be defeated.

But I agree, I wish movie IP's would go open source after some time where real fans can make a game that fans would love.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Terminator, Alien and Predator are all film franchise which have had too many reboots in recent years.

Although having said that these small indie film about Alien which came out a few months back were pretty good. so their is some mileage in letting the fan base have a go .

ReplyQuote
tsmspace
(@tsmspace)
Senior Chief Registered

well,, if you don't LOOK at the numerous reboots,,,, maybe they'll go away!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

https://store.steampowered.com/app/954740/Terminator_Resistance/

Nov. 15th release

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter