Notifications
Clear all

Untitled Space Adventure

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Know absolutely nothing about the game apart a small bit on the devs site https://www.archetype-entertainment.com/ sound like more Mass Effect talking simulator.

Archetype Entertainment is a game development studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Founded in 2019, Archetype is an autonomous division of Wizards of the Coast. We are assembling a world-class team to build a multi-platform roleplaying game set in a new science fiction universe.

At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We are building games that represent the diversity of our audience. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.

Gaius Konstantine
(@gaius-konstantine)
Warrant Officer Reporter

Untitled Space Adventure... could actually be a cool tittle, and I love the thought of Sci-fi/Space based RPGs. Buck Rodgers countdown to doomsday comes to mind, yet very little followed that tittle set in that kind of environment. I remember thinking how the plasma and grenade throwers were akin to a fireball spell and absolutely loved how the game transitioned to interplanetary space (inner system only) along with some cool ship combat. Heck you could even land on planets and explore them with your party.

Reading through what little is available at their site, it seems vague as to where they are heading, but having veterans of the trade involved instead of indie devs may turn out to be a good thing. I wouldn't mind hearing more about this studio as information becomes available, there may be potential here for something truly entertaining.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

This will be a tough sell, there isn't even really a team yet and they haven't even posted a vision or sketches. We will watch this one, but with the huge amount of games that never get finished or stay in alpha hell is getting larger. We definitely need more story based RPGs like Mass Effect so I hope they can build a team that can make this happen over the next few years.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

I like to see something along the lines of the old 16 bit space adventure games, which were far more open than the linear Mass Effect games, but my guess would be something similar to the Outer Worlds. 

ReplyQuote