Notifications
Clear all

XCOM Chimera Squad

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Game comes out on 4.24.2020:

Five years after the events of XCOM 2, humanity has driven back the Overlords and reclaimed Earth. Now humans and former alien soldiers work and live together as they strive to forge a civilization of cooperation and coexistence.

City 31, the setting for XCOM: Chimera Squad, has become a model of peace in the post-invasion world; however, not all who dwell here support interspecies alliance. Enter Chimera Squad, an elite force of human and alien agents who must work together to identify and thwart the hidden threats that seek to upend this fragile peace in City 31.

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Looks interesting but based in a single city? I don't know but I really liked travelling the world during missions so I would miss that. It's also funny you posting about this game D1 as I've recently been playing the first two classic games in the series via Open XCom. This really improves the original game in a number of ways and is well worth a look. You can find it here. Note however that it uses assets from the original games so you need to have these already installed to take advantage of it.

Here is an old trailer from 2014, also available in Linux and Mac flavors.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Geraldine

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Still go the second one to play in the new series, although I never got around to finishing the first one.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I have the first remake of XCOM with all the DLC and haven't played it yet 😉 

I did just see the steam page for the new game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/882100/XCOM_Chimera_Squad/

If you pre-order you can get it for $10 looks like a good deal.

ReplyQuote