Notifications
Clear all

10 minute space strategy, demo included

kalamona
(@kalamona)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hello everyone,

10 min space strategy is a compact, quick turn-based 4x strategy. Our goal was to make a space strategy game that is not incredibly difficult, has a simple ruleset, but still requires the player to decide strategy, fleet movement, etc. It has all the standard elements of space strategies, you have different fields to research, you can make your own race, there is spaceship combat, colonisation, etc.

We are proud to present a working demo that gives you a taste of what the final game will be.

Download:
http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/files/category/2-10min-space-strategy/

Game video:

Since there is no ingame tutorial yet, I will give you a few hints on how to play the game (though we tried to design it to be really straightforward and there is a tooltip for almost everything).

In your planets you can build facilities, that create stuff, like fighters, research, etc. Fighters and bombers are created automatically in each turn, but you have to click on a button to build coloniser ships.

One thing that is maybe not really easy to gasp is that more population means more production. Population basically multiplies a building's production. So a planet with 4 population and 1 factory will create the same amount of fighters than a planet with 2 population and 2 factories (4x1=2x2). Because of this you have to carefully balance between spreading and keeping a healthy planet population.

Propulsion tech helps you to see and move farther from your colonies, and Empire tech allows you to have more colonies and fighters. Warfare tech helps you to have an edge in space combat, Industry speeds up building spaceships and Environment allows a quicker population growth on alien planets and higher population maximum on all planets.

You can control anomalies by simply stationing fighters on them.

We are interested in your opinion, especially:

- Did you encounter any bugs, especially crash bugs?

- How easy the game is, how easy it was to understand the rules?

- Was it fun? 🙂

if you would like to follow the development of the game, you can follow us on moddb:
http://www.moddb.com/games/10-min-space-strategy

or in facebook:

Thank you for your time,

The Goblin Lunatics

http://goblinlunatics.blogspot.com

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Had a quick play around the demo One thing I would say is that it would be nice to have an adjust screen as I can't see all the text on the right hand side of the display.

So I just jumped straight in with out reading any instructions so on the race selection screen does green means good red bad. ❓

After a bit of clicking around with the mouse I found the move unit command and every thing seems to be pretty straight forward.

It would nice to see some thing happening when you occupied one of the anomalies as I was never too sure If anything was happening

Graphic and sound are good and the game didn't crash. 😀

ReplyQuote
kalamona
(@kalamona)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hello,

thank you for your reply! One thing we forgot to mention everywhere :/ is that f2 toggles fullscreen and f4 is widescreen-correction. This might fix your issue with the screen. In the next demo we will surely make it less hidden 🙂

About the anomaly part, you are right. We planned it so that when anomalies are controlled, they emit some light with the owner's color, so the whole controlling process becomes much clearer.

We will also change the race creation system so it will be less confusing.

cheers

kalamona

ReplyQuote
Germanunkol
(@germanunkol)
Crewman Registered

Very cool game!

I liked it.

No crashes.

The fleet splitting is the only thing that didn't work perfectly. Well, it worked, sort of. But I didn't quite get it at first. The problem I think is that the split doesn't stay, that took a while to figure out. Like, maybe display what part of the fleet is selected every time I am about to move (or every time I select something)...

Well done.

ReplyQuote
str
 str
(@str)
Crewman Registered

hi,

10 min space strategy v1.0 final is out now!

download link: http://homegnome.atw.hu/downloads/10Min ... _final.zip

link to our blogspot page, infos about development, etc: http://goblinlunatics.blogspot.com

download, play, enjoy 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Thanks for the update and i will try to review this sometime this week. Also if you need some forum space for your game I can create an area for 10 min space strategy game or you can just make a official topic and link to it. Might help with fielding any issues or suggestions.

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

im doing a download now ill play it and see how it goes review shortly

ReplyQuote
Digitalus
(@digitalus)
Senior Chief Registered

Looks really fun, I like the idea of a ten-minute space strategy. Hope I can play it this week, I need more hours in the day 🙁

ReplyQuote
ollobrain
(@ollobrain)
Lieutenant Registered

plays ok could do with some rebalancing and difficulty levels going along well though re latest version

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Moved this to the correct forum and I made a review for 10mis Space Strategy on the SSC mainpage.

http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/page/articles.html/_/space-and-scifi-gaming-news/10-min-space-strategy-review-r25

ReplyQuote
str
 str
(@str)
Crewman Registered

thank you for the review and comments!

we released v1.02 yesterday, there are a lot of bugfixes and french translation included.

http://goblinlunatics.blogspot.com

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Thanks for the update str, did you happen to post some patch notes?

And for everyone else the new version will be in the download area shortly and str feel free to use it as a mirror if you wish.

ReplyQuote
LCCX
 LCCX
(@lccx)
Crewman Registered

Hey DarkOne, thanks for reviewing this. It's awesome! Is there a way to rate games around here?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I don't have a game ranking system (will look into this) but you could rate this post or make comments in the blog post to show support.

ReplyQuote
DARI
 DARI
(@dari)
Senior Chief Registered

Hello kalamona,

thank you for this nice game - i played the alpha2 demo and the 1.02 version.

here are some of my impressions

- i like the almost clean and fast interface

- the readability of the ship numbers of all the fleets - dark blue is almost unreadable ! (at least on 1680x1050)

maybe an option to turn colors for numbers on all fleets in black and white would help

- AI can get sometimes really nasty : some ai player(s) wiped out 2 other ai players in same turn 😮

- the +50 starting fighter bonus is quit powerful

- Fleet splitting got also a major improvement - sliders and single point clicks to get the job fast and exactly done

though it would help to include a headline to show which part of the fleet stays (the right side part) and which one is selected to receive the move orders (the left side part)

one final wish for some future version : make a seemless mousescroll zoom to get to your theater of interest (also zoom the ship numbers for better readability)

i really wonder why its name is 10minutes - the only way to "end" it in 10minutes or less is to be nuked by your enemies that fast !

Thanks again - have to go and conquer the galaxy again.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

DARI wrote:
- Fleet splitting got also a major improvement - sliders and single point clicks to get the job fast and exactly done

though it would help to include a headline to show which part of the fleet stays (the right side part) and which one is selected to receive the move orders (the left side part)

I definitely agree with this one because I still run into issues on this screen and split the wrong amount.

I have had my game end in 6mins, the AI came in on my like crazy. Try playing it with 7 AI opponents 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I know I should have talked about this sooner, but 10mss is now version 1.03, you can go to the download area for the files/info:  http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/files/file/976-10min-space-strategy/

Also, there looks to be a Android port of this in progress.

ReplyQuote