Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Mostly Harmless

Page 7 / 7

Gunbladelad
(@gunbladelad)
Master Chief Registered

It may well have just been interference on the line from whatever mirro I was connected to - with 0.3a things are working nice & smoothly.

ReplyQuote
Stormprooter
(@stormprooter)
Master Chief Registered

It may well have just been interference on the line from whatever mirro I was connected to - with 0.3a things are working nice & smoothly.

Cool. I hope you are enjoying the new weapons and overall effects 😀

ReplyQuote
Gunbladelad
(@gunbladelad)
Master Chief Registered

To be honest I've been too busy to get ingame - but I certainly plan to during my time off work at the weekend.

ReplyQuote
Stormprooter
(@stormprooter)
Master Chief Registered

Found another bug. The Thargoid Laser only had a range of 225m - which is wrong, it should be 3000m just like all the other lasers in the mod.

Also, was using an effect I did not intend for it to use.

Both issues resolved, and the bug fix is in the downloads section. You'll have to apply this one manually - just unzip and copy into to your Freelancer installation folder.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/freelancer-mostly-harmless/downloads/thargoid-laser-bug-fix

ReplyQuote
Gunbladelad
(@gunbladelad)
Master Chief Registered

Just a small update on the server folks (albeit quite some time too late) - there seems to be some kind of foul-up on my connection which is preventing any servers I host (others as well as flserver) from being visible online - despite the games that use those servers working fine.  My ISP claims that there's no fault on the connection and can't find any issues and most people I've spoken to haven't a clue what the issue could be or how to fix it.

As such I haven't a clue when it'll get back up and visible to the public.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

This is damned annoying but I have a problem playing Stromprooter's wonderful mod. The thing is I already have the Crossfire mod installed into vanilla Freelancer and made a good bit of progress with both the offline and online versions. Is there anyway to get both mods working? Without having to uninstall Crossfire?

What I am thinking about is, is there a way to install Freelancer again so that I can then use the Freelancer Mod Manager? Any advice would be helpful.

ReplyQuote
Stormprooter
(@stormprooter)
Master Chief Registered

I don't think there is a clean way to do this with Crossfire because of the way it installs. Sorry.

You may be able to backup your save games from single player, put them somewher safe. Uninstall crossfire & Freelancer, do a clean install of Freelancer and apply my (or any other) mod.

When you want to go back to crossfire, you will need to uninstall any mod, uninstall freelancer, and reinstaller a clean freelancer + crossfire, then copy back your save games.

That's the only way I can think of.

ReplyQuote
Gunbladelad
(@gunbladelad)
Master Chief Registered

What I did long ago was install the Freelancer demo as well as copying the full version of Freelancer - and then merely copy the files from the main install of Freelancer into the demo's folder.  From there I simply installed the mods to the relevant directories.

The catch is that you'll have to manually move about ALL the save files every single time you change between mods as both use the exact same save folder.  Even the restart.fl and autosave.fl files need to be cleared out or you'll simply have a crash to desktop with no explanation after the splash screen.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Ok thanks for the advice guys. looks like I will be stating with a clean install. Install Mostly Harmless, back it up (the whole thing) Uninstall it, reinstall Crossfire, back that up, uninstall that. Reinstall Freelancer then just copy over whatever mod I am going to play. Hopefully that will work. Funny thing was the mod manager did try to install Mostly Harmless without activating it. I had hoped this would do but sadly no. No matter I will get it up and running come what may!

ReplyQuote
Gunbladelad
(@gunbladelad)
Master Chief Registered

If any of you are still playing this, the server should (hopefully) be up & running again.  According to the Global Server Workaround page it should be visible, but I'll be watching for anyone other than myself connecting to be sure.

ReplyQuote
Gunbladelad
(@gunbladelad)
Master Chief Registered

My apologies to anyone who's been wanting to connect to the server in recent months - between work and various real-life situations, I've not been able to keep the server running.

(and yes, I have finally only just got back onto SSC since the host change...)

ReplyQuote
auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered

Welcome back! It took me ages, too 🙂

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 7