Vote for Freelancer @ Good old games

Bas
 Bas
(@bas)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
Quote:
Huhu,

I got the URL to this nice page recently, and I think it is a nice way to advert FL (again, lol)

From this place you can get games for a very lowprice, 5.99€ or 9.99€ ONLY!

This website is hosting older games like Gothic (I, II & Addon), Freespace I & II, Darkstar one and many more

Well...there is a games wishlist ;D (Guess my plan now ^^)

Just click at the link below and search for "Freelancer" (You need to sign up an account for voting)

http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist

Please feel free to spread this post around, using c & p method.

Quote:
Some ppl mentioned that FL isnt in stores anywhere (or only rare) - So this should be a reason more to get it to GOG (And I really believe we could get it to it, if we got enough support from the FL Community)

So pls help out and vote for FL! 😉

Thx

CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Done. Both Freelancer (306 and counting up), and Freelancer 2 (if we ever going to see it someday 😀 )

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I don't think we'll ever see a FL2. I just wish I had the time to learn some C++ because we could get a group together and make one 🙂

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Quote:
I don't think we'll ever see a FL2. I just wish I had the time to learn some C++ because we could get a group together and make one 🙂

I don't think it either. But it was there. So what the heck. 😀

ReplyQuote
Bas
 Bas
(@bas)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Ty.

Darkone, you may interested in developening FLHook, the software used at almost every FL server, any further?

Sry for late response, forgot to turn on notification.

ReplyQuote
numidianian
(@numidianian)
Petty Officer Registered

I was very dissapointed when I got to know that Digital Anvil was dismissed by greedy basterds from Microsoft. This news dissapointed me even more, when I found out that the sequel was in development. And even more when I run across the actual videos of it. Oh... and now there is nothing to hope for. Even if someone picks up the sequel it won't be the good old Freelancer without the original developers' team.

If someone hasn't yet seen the videos of the cancelled sequel:

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I have never come across those last two videos Кочевник thanks for posting them. Shame the concept was just shelved and not worked on. I would hope MSoft would release property rights cheaply to someone to let them develop it but I doubt it.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Don't forget people, that this is Micro$oft we are talking about in getting them to release the game to GOG, but heck yea, I will vote for it, but truth be told I don't see it happening. 🙁 I think there would be a much better chance of seeing Tachyon or maybe some more of the Wing Commander games. Yes GOG needs more space sims

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Oddly theirs about 400 people voted for Freelancer2 to be released on GOG

XF5700 Mantis Experimental Fighter would make a good one for GOG to do.

ReplyQuote
Marcello
(@marcello)
Crewman Registered

Agreed. More space sims on GOG. Definitely needed

ReplyQuote