Notifications
Clear all

25 Years Of The Amiga now 30

Page 5 / 6

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Who would have thought it I just Bought a new Amiga game in 2014 well it's homebrew one but still nice to see a new release for the old girl. looks like some sort of 2D zelda clone

You can find it for sale on Amigakit for £12.00 +P&P.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

And why not Pinback? An Amiga is still as good as it ever was!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I hope we see some more games being released for the Amiga, after all a lot home brew games that have been released for the 8 bit micros and even the SNES/Mega Drive have had some new carts made but the 16 bit home computer seem to have left out of it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Is the Amiga now 30 years old this year, :O will have to change the title of the thread.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

The years may advance but Amigas still endure, here's to the next 30 years! bounceBoingBall.gif

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I still got my PPC 1240 and the other one.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Winuae 3.10 has been released and wow what a change list. Think I might have to go rom hunting this weekend.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2015/06/winuae-310-final-best-amiga-emulator-is.html

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Dont forget that there should be a few that "mysteriously" found their way into the download area D1

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Happy 30th B-Day Amiga

It is funny and great watching this since I never have seen this until now 🙂 There is even a kickstarter for A1200 custom cases, almost makes me want to build another one.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered

Humm, should I switch on my Amiga 500 for the occasion? My disks are sitll all there too, what should I play? Silent Service, Xenon II, Murder!...

Have some games on WinUAE, just aside of the Dosbox icon.

My mum has put this machine on some terribly tedious place somewhere in the dust I think... Still after so many years she says: please stop playing...:)

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

What to play on an Amiga....well I know what I usually fire up...

Nasty%20Krait_zpsdh5wvets.png

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)

@Geraldine,

I'm not even sure but I don't think I bought the Amiga version of Frontier (have the PC version and the patch for the mining bug + lots of trainers and special savegames).

Now I play it with glfrontier which is the Atari version. It runs perfectly on Win 7 and you can chose to switch off the improved grafics and go with the original ones. But the Amiga grafics - in all games - were well ahead of its time.

Greets,

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Seems a bit quiet on the internet about the 30 anniversary apart from a couple of events.

Anyone have any disasters with the Amiga? I set my A1200 IDE cable on fire when I plug it in the wrong way around once , swapped it for another, switched it on and everything stilled worked.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

One of my A1200s went on fire once. It was a dodgy hard drive that was the cause. Put out the flames cleaned up the motherboard and fitted a new HD and cable, good as new! Tough machines indeed.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)

Edgar Vigdal and Deluxe Pacman, Deluxe Galage. Deluxe..yeah. Still live on our Amigas.

http://amigagamer.blogspot.it/2015/04/legendar-amiga-coder-edgar-vigdal.html

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Oh no! I didn't know Edgar had passed away. He made some great games indeed and DGalaga will always be one of my favourites. Every Miggy I've ever owned always had some version or another of that game on its hard drive. RIP Edgar and thank you for all the fun times your games gave me.

EDIT: Was looking around there for any disk images of DGalaga and came across this site (Amiga PD) that has the whole Assassin disk collection available (tons of great games here) as well as other things.

ReplyQuote
kazkirishima
(@kazkirishima)
Petty Officer Registered

I had Amiga 500 in the late '80s and it was a center of my life back then. Being an active member on Amiga demo scene was a very fun part of my life. Sadly I had to sell my Amiga to buy a 386 PC in early '90s. Today I occasionally enjoy C64 and Amiga emulators for nostalgia sake. 

ReplyQuote
kazkirishima
(@kazkirishima)
Petty Officer Registered

Anyone remembers Millenium 2.2 and Deuteros?

I'd love to see a sucessor to those 😎

I still play those games! I was acting sick in grade school to play Millennium 2.2 while my parents were at work 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Nope can't say I ever played them and their is a remake of Deuteros here http://bartfernhout.magix.net/public/deuteros.html

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

A new kickstarter for the extended edition of the film From Bedrooms To Billions: The Amiga Years has started. Details here.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

According to RPS you can now play a couple of thousand Amiga games in your browser. https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/09/2000-amiga-games-to-play-for-free-in-your-browser/

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Well I for one applaud anything that keeps these great Amiga games alive and people playing them.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I went past cash converters today and in the window was an A1200 and disk drive for £130, WTF I had no idea a 20 year old computer would be selling for that much.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Was it an Escom or Commodore model? Earlier models are generally worth a little more. The upgrades tho, they go for crazy money at times. Amigas are still very much sought after machines. But then again we both know that.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Commodore with a branded 3.5 disk drive, I knew that the accelerator cards can some times go for crazy prices on EBay but never given any thought to the price of the computer itself.

Going to keep an eye on it and see if they drop the price in a few weeks.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6