Notifications
Clear all

What Game Have You Bought.

Page 2 / 15

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

I been down Blockbuster two different store in fact and have acquired ten x box games two lots of 5 games for a fiver. 😀 So in the first one Max Payne 2,Wreckless,Conflict Global storm, Hitman 2 and another copy of Splinter cell.

In the second lot Arx fatalis, Enclave, Halo, Second sight and cold fear.

All I need now is a working Xbox. 🙄

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Quote:
All I need now is a working Xbox. 🙄

You could use an emulator if your not adversed to that sort of thing, its legal providing you use your own games and have an xbox which you do 🙂

I just remembered this old Gem: KeeperFX, which is a dungeon keeper fan expansion made to work on modern computers 🙂

http://www.keeperklan.com/threads/551-Download-KeeperFX

http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk_keeperfx.php

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I've got no problem with using emulator, use them all the time for 8/16 bit computer and consoles. Just didn't know there was a working one for the Xbox ,but you can pick up a real Xbox for about 10-20 quid.

Interesting fan site for Dungeon Keeper, never played the first one only the second one.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

I always felt the first was sightly better. But I brought them both and enjoyed them both.

Its fun playing DK at 1600x1200 res 😉

Ah looks like your right, there aren't many choices for an emulator. I did find this one though which is new and still being worked on: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxbx/files/

And this one which the previous one is based on : http://www.caustik.com/cxbx/

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

They did a re-make of DK? Wonderful! 😀

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Its not really a remake. I would think of KeeperFX as the JJFFE (John Jordan's Frontier First Encounters) of dungeon keeper 🙂

So that would include bug-fixes a few extra features and compatability with modern systems, as well as higher resolutions. It allows you to play fan-made campaigns too, but I have yet to try any of them as the vanilla campaign is plenty fun enough for me.

Anyway to the original question of the thread:

I have just got my hands on Fallout:New Vegas. Tbh I have not made up my mind yet, having only played for about 30 minutes. My first impressions were not good though... surprise.

I suppose I dont much like it because it is just fallout3 on Jet 😉 And I have played that game far more than it deserved. But Im always willing to give it a chance...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Finally got an xbox which is the right region, mind I did have to use the AV cable from the other one and the game pad and thanks to BlockBusters five games for a fiver. I've now got thirty games for it.
Now I just need some time to play them. 😳

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

30 games Pinback! 😯 The only problem with the 360 is so many of the games are shooters. The platform needs more variety, even the old X Box had lots of different game genres. Most of the games I have on the 360 are X Box 1 games. Did pick up a game of the year edition of Fallout 3 from Flea Bay though for only a tenner though 😉

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Keep thinking about getting a 360 as there's a few games I would like to play and I simply will not buy the pc versions any more because of the stupid DRM.

ReplyQuote
Dramacius
(@dramacius)
Senior Chief Registered

I got a 360 for an early christmas present, used to have one but it Red Ringed on me. I got Forza 3 with it and am addicted

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

My odyssey with the Xbox continues as I was in CEX the other day and spotted a copy of Beyond Good and Evil. 😀
A game I have been meaning to play for years as it said to be really good and it's a pretty rear game to find, also had a look in cash converter and what did they have another copy of Beyond Good and Evil 🙄 so I bought that one as well, will probably take the CEX one back and get something else.
Also found a joystick for the Xbox never knew they made them for it.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I got a mouse and keyboard adapter for my original Xbox off of Flea Bay 😎 Now if I could just find one for the 360 😕

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Geraldine wrote:
I got a mouse and keyboard adapter for my original Xbox off of Flea Bay 😎 Now if I could just find one for the 360 😕

Can you play FPS games with it. ❓

ReplyQuote
Dramacius
(@dramacius)
Senior Chief Registered

any standard plug and play keyboard for the 360 works, I assume mouse does too but I don't know if you can use the to play FPS games.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

PINBACK wrote:
Can you play FPS games with it. ❓

I do hope so Pinback, that why I bought it. I will report back once I have tested it out on Halo 😉

And Dramacius, I will test a USB mouse on the 360 too. That would be great if it works! 😎

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Got another 5 games for the Xbox from Blockbuster 5 for a fiver including Crimson sky and wings of war going to try out that joystick also got my Black disk Cleaned up and it now working and just played though the first level AWESOME game, all FPS should have destructible scenery. 😎

Being playing a bit of Halo and I found joypad works very well much to my surprise.

ReplyQuote
Dramacius
(@dramacius)
Senior Chief Registered

I got Fable 2 for my 360 yesterday, not bad for £5 😀

Also I discovered that the Seitek AVR8 Joystick works with 360 if anyone is interested.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I would guess that the game would have to support a keyboard and mouse inless there’s some sort of hack for using them with console games.

Really impressed by how smooth the joypad is with both Halo and Black, had go at Red Faction 2 but the FPS controls are rubbish on that.

ReplyQuote
Dramacius
(@dramacius)
Senior Chief Registered

I can't say about Black but Halo would be good with the Control Pad the game was made for the 360 then ported to PC so it was made with Joypad in mind.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I tried the Halo demo on the PC when it first came out and didn't think a lot of it,but now having played a bit of it on the Xbox I can see why the fanboys went nuts for it.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Halo really shines when to rank up the difficulty level, the Covenant fight smart! 🙂 Also tried a USB keyboard in the 360 with mixed results 😕 Mouse unresponsive 🙁 Still waiting for the adapter for the original X Box, so some hope left 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Finally got a copy Battlestar Galactica for the xbox 😀 and a copy of The Tomorrow War.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Battlestar Galactica also works perfectly on the 360 Pinback. 😉 I picked up (also for the original X Box) Star Trek Shattered Universe (360 compatible), Blood Wake, original X Box only, not 360 (A Gun Boat game set in fictional South China Seas setting) and Power Drome, again original X Box only (A Wipe Out Clone).

Still to arrive, Battle Engine Aquila (X Box) and Project Sylpheed (360)

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Got that Star Trek game but have not tried it out yet not heard of Battle Engine Aquila.
Also bought a copy of Project Sylpheed but still havent go the 360 yet. 😳 😆

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

OoooOh Pinback, you got it bad! Try it out! I know I will once it arrives 😆

Got the Keyboard/Mouse adapter for the original X Box. Works like a dream! 😀 If only I go go online with the old X Box! I could have taken on PC players and had a fighting chance 🙄 Stupid Micro$oft! 👿

Battle Engine Aquila and Mech Assault - 2 Lone Wolf also just arrived (forgot about that one). Will test these on the 360 later.

Edit: tried out the games. Mech Assault 2 is a nice solid shooter with the ability to jet pack over buildings. 🙂

Battle Engine Aquila, is an odd thing indeed. You still control a mech, but this thing has four legs and scuttles along the ground, but it can also it fly too. Yes I like! 😎

Nether of these work on the 360 though 🙁

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 15