What part of the wo...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] What part of the world or universe to you hail from?

Page 2 / 4

Shant
(@shant)
Warrant Officer Registered

Beautiful...except for your cars ofcourse. 😀

Is that a...Peugeot(sp?) in the 2nd pic? 😆

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

Well, may as well tell you guys where I'm from. West Hills, California...although I spend all my time in my room. 😀

Nothing special about this place, won't even bother posting a pic.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Shant wrote:
Beautiful...except for your cars ofcourse. 😀

Is that a...Peugeot(sp?) in the 2nd pic? 😆

Hey do you know how much petrol (gas) costs here? Over £1.00 a litre, you work it out in your own money, what would you drive? That's why most of the cars here are small and a bit crap. 😆

As for the pic, if you mean the red car its a Volkswagen Polo, the one behind that is a Renault Cleo, both of them will have engines of around 1000cc. Yes not very fancy or fast but economical. As I said a bit different to Houston USA 😀

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)

Ah, a Renault Cleo...well that's much better then.

ReplyQuote
ViolentAJ
(@violentaj)
Petty Officer Registered

Southern California. I love the weather, but not too fond of the people. I'm looking to leave soon.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Great pics Geraldine, in that second pic reminds me of Germany when I was stationed there. Never was able to make it to Scotland in my time in Europe. Hope I can save enough money back so when I finally retire I can see some countries I haven't seen.

Yeah when I was in Germany the price for gas was 1.34DM or Euro now per liter and if you put that in dollars that's right about $5 a gallon 😯

ReplyQuote
Bouitaz
(@bouitaz)
Senior Chief Registered

Sweden here.

I like the weather, in spring and summer that is.

I hate it when fall and winter comes...brrr.

Quite a nice little country.

Seems to be going down the drain nowadays though,

what with all the mass-monitoring and surveillance on the general public.

Still, not as bad as the UK, yet.

ReplyQuote
volrider
(@volrider)
Petty Officer Registered

Well, I hail from southeastern Wisconsin, USA. Born and raised. I have traveled some, was stationed southern Cal, but as you can see I came back. It is rather nice here, with the north woods and rolling hills. It does get cold here, but not too cold, no -40 degrees that I remember, anyway!

ReplyQuote
Songbird
(@songbird)
Senior Chief Registered

Ahhh, the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood of San Francisco will always be home (Clayton St. I miss YOU 😀 ).

But I've been north in Seattle Washington for 9 years-

I'm always humbled by the size of Mt. Rainier which is 85 miles\136.79424 km distant. This is our first year without snow in 9 years 😯 ... so far.

ReplyQuote
Peak
 Peak
(@peak)
Crewman Registered

i am from Trinidad and Tobago,a small island in the caribbean no one really know about

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Peak wrote:
i am from Trinidad and Tobago,a small island in the caribbean no one really know about

Bet that is a beautiful place Peak, great weather, wonderful beaches. In Scotland it's a rare event just to see the sun! 😆 😆

ReplyQuote
Peak
 Peak
(@peak)
Crewman Registered

hehe

but you dont know about the 1.3 million population and the already 100 murders in the country this year do you?

bad stuff man ,dont come here to live

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Sorry to hear that Peak, guess most places are the same these days, including Scotland. 🙁

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
Peak wrote:
hehe

but you dont know about the 1.3 million population and the already 100 murders in the country this year do you?

bad stuff man ,dont come here to live

That is quite high Peak. It looks like Trinidad is a tourist spot, i'm surprised with all the crime because usually countries crack down on crime so it doesn't effect the tourist money coming in. Some of the pics I saw are beautiful. Do you think the countyry is over populated for it's size?

ReplyQuote
Peak
 Peak
(@peak)
Crewman Registered

Man the frigggin country on the whole is great but basically in every country,the government is a big shit here

i think the prime minister works with the gangs to mess us up if you know what i mean

there are clear signs of who it is...but no they dont do anything

ReplyQuote
Grimloon
(@grimloon)
Petty Officer Registered

Lincolnshire, East Midlands, England here. No point posting a pic, it's flat out as far as the eye can see here. I believe that there's one hill within 30 miles of my house! 😯

That's my physical location, the mental one is a touch variable. "Away with the fairies" seems to be a fairly frequent answer 😆

ReplyQuote
Taymar
(@taymar)
Senior Chief Registered

Walsall, West Midlands, England, UK . Just north of Birmingham, I would post a veiw from my window but it looks like any other street in the UK.

My location is pretty stable, not too far away from my PC 😀

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Batu - Indonesia. A small town with 180k pop @ 200 km sqr. a place with plenty water springs, hills, farms, and a lake. sadly from 6 AM to 2 PM the water isn't flowing to normal houses, only to hotels, vacation spots, resorts, and the liike7

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Batu - Indonesia. A small town with 180k pop @ 200 km sqr. a place with plenty water springs, hills, farms, and a lake. sadly from 6 AM to 2 PM the water isn't flowing to normal houses, only to hotels, vacation spots, resorts, and the liike7

ReplyQuote
Solace
(@solace)
Senior Chief Registered

USA

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
aknid wrote:

Hehe small town of 180k... if you have a 180k town in NH where I live that is called a city 🙂 Can't remember my towns stats but I think we have 5k people in it.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

officially since 2001 it's a city, but i'm not used to it, yet. overcrowded town is the norm here. third world, early age mariage, too much children in one family, roll them into one....

ReplyQuote
Simbad
(@simbad)
Senior Chief Registered

Berlin, Germany is my place to be.

Small town. 3.6Mio inhabitants.

ReplyQuote
jimmy69
(@jimmy69)
Petty Officer Registered

My country.

[pics removed because they got corrupted.. add again if you want]

ReplyQuote
LadynightShade
(@ladynightshade)
Master Chief Registered

hmmm outer london in the green belt lots if green stuff around here will post pics later if i remember 😉

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4