Notifications
Clear all

Heresy War feature opinions

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I was looking at the planned features of Heresy War and how it generally compares to Wing Commander in the general game setup.

Quote:

Main gameplay features

# Mission-based, story-driven gameplay

# Branching non-linear campaign based on player's actions

# Sequential capital ship destruction

# Intuitive interface and controls

# Complete freedom across all axes

# Squadron command

# Self-adjusting difficulty level

# Arcade and simulation control

Modding features

# Fully customizable, data-driven engine

# Powerful scripting language

# Exporters from popular 3D formats to game format

# WYSIWYG Editors and development tools

I think the big success to Wing Commander Series and Privateer II was its branching storylines which changed depending on your choices and your mission performance. Which built up the experience and hooked you in especially with the cutscenes. I wonder if there is going to be some solid cutscenes to move the missions and story elements along.

Not sure what Arcade and simulation control is...? Is this like a practice simulator like in WC3+? And on the self adjusting difficulty level, maybe there should also be the option that the AI self adjusts to the skills of the pilot. So if you have a pro playing the AI self adjusts to be pretty hard to get that challenger every pilot likes and still have the manual levels of difficulty.

Only thing I hope for with the squadron controls is that the wingman actually help you out instead of being cannon fodder or delaying them until you get to them. I did like the way the WC series built mini stories around the wingman and made you want to do missions over and over to try to keep them alive 🙂

I am a huge fan of modding features so I cannot wait to see what we will be able to do with HW.

Post your feedback and opinions since some of the devs visit the site so it will be seen...