Notifications
Clear all

Heresy War Status Report

Page 2 / 2

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Yeah I know. Spam has taken over the forums there.

I will try to PM c0mas and see what the status of HW is. This project has been silent for a while now unfortunately.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

didn't you say you had a reply from him in june?

hopefully, given the fact that they did release a demo, their project will continue...

I've also accessed his facebook account, but no reply there either...

best regards.

mikael.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
starlord wrote:
didn't you say you had a reply from him in june?

Yeah but it was just him letting me know that they were still working on Heresy War and that it has been moving slow. No details on why or when we could expect the MP demo.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

OK! that's fine with me then: It's a good omen, and not as critical as the X32I business!

Have you heard besides? development on it is continuing, even though it has been renamed void enmity! Great news there!

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Yes!

Comas talked to me: all is well! 🙂

I'm sure he'll soon make an announcement himself.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
starlord wrote:
Yes!

Comas talked to me: all is well! 🙂

I'm sure he'll soon make an announcement himself.

Great. I PM'd him and still haven't received a response. Any info you can share about HW status Starlord?

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Progress is slow, but still there.

"First ... it's not dead ... it just went a lot more slower lately.

While we still plan a windows release, it is likely that we'll have a smaller ipad or iphone version first (just the instant action with some additional features). This will hopefully boost the team's morale and maybe will finance some voice talents.

I was really trying lately to bring the whole team to the old (good) speed

Cheers,

/C0mas"

that should reassure us all!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I spoke to soon, c0mas got back to me and stated basically the same thing. But I do think it is a good direction in the end to help build a following and get some really nice feedback on the gameplay elements. And of course it will give all the contributors some spending money and motivation to keep at it.

I think most games are trying to develop on both platforms it just makes sense these days with long development times to try to monetize your game as much as you can. Because it costs a lot of time and money to make them usually.

Now all we need is a timeframe for the mobile release? 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Here is a little more feedback on the mobile version of Heresy War:

Quote:

Well, the plan is first to see the menus and the instant action on ipad (ipad because the resolution is alredy suported without changes to the menus ans HUD), then we have some ideas for some advanced singla player instant action (relatively easy to implement, without specialized level design)

Deathmatch or cooperative play over gamekit is also an option, still I cannot promise this at least not for the first version.

Well ... if the platfor goes well ... everything we design for pc (single player campaign or multiplayer modes) will most likely work on ipad/iphone too and ... I see no reason for not releasing new versions or addons (we currently support addons for both pc and ipad/iphone)

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Now, how about some "Salvation Prophecy" news? 😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Good to hear they are still around, maybe c0mas will post an update on the game at some point.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Any new news on if we will see a PC Heresy Wars soon, c0mas?

ReplyQuote
snoopy123
(@snoopy123)
Crewman Registered

yeah...any news? ANY?

Even on the dreambuilder's homepage, the last post is from 2013...and it's not about heresy wars. Does the company still exist anyway? Did they plan to release their project-pieces as opensource at least? Just played the demo again...it's so awesome! 😥

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Is that nearly 5 years between posts. 😮

yeah...any news? ANY?

Even on the dreambuilder's homepage, the last post is from 2013...and it's not about heresy wars. Does the company still exist anyway? Did they plan to release their project-pieces as opensource at least? Just played the demo again...it's so awesome! 😥

Busy working on Stellar Wanderer. http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/topic/5372-stellar-wanderer-a-free-roam-space-fighting-rpg/

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I see c0mas login quite frequently so I am sure I can get a status out of him if I PM him. But Pinback is right they have been concentrating efforts on their mobile offerings.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2