Notifications
Clear all

Heresy War Status Report

Page 1 / 2

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

It's that time of the year again, so we're letting you know what's up.

In the past few months we've been doing great strides on the multi-player part, since we're planning to release the multi-player beta in the near future.

Here's how some of the things will work out:

[*:2tvht4gu]Every player will need a username and a key for the beta. The username will be most likely the forum user.

[*:2tvht4gu]Multiplayer keys will be limited initially, but as we sort out potential issues we will invite more and more players.

[*:2tvht4gu]The build that we're going to give you for the multiplayer beta will be free to download by everybody. However, access to the servers will be limited by the keys. If you want to make single-player mods however, you will be free to do so.

[*:2tvht4gu]We plan to release the first public version of the tools at around the same time with the multiplayer beta. However, the tools will be free to use by everybody, so all modders can get an early start with Heresy War.

[*:2tvht4gu]We're going to change the website to allow an unique login between the site and the forum. This will allow us to make your Heresy War experience a highly integrated one, with friends and stats visible from the web. While this may not be available from the start, this is what we're aiming for. Having the blog integrated with the front page is the first step in this direction.

As we are approaching the multi-player beta release date, a beta registration form will be available on the front page. But until then, we'll keep you posted on further developments.

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

This is good news ! I sure hope to see what they've done in terms of "eye-candy" lately, this souns promising 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I hope the guys at DBS are getting close because I do remember a promise from c0mas on a 2010 release date 🙂

With all the recent screenshots and the nice article on the mod tools that will be available to Heresy War it will be nice to see what people do with the game and the demo. I am really interested in that event system that c0mas talked about that makes mission design easy and complex.

Now the guessing on when the Heresy War MP demo will come out .... ?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Will we see boxed game in retail or is it DD only. ❓

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Hmmm I pick June 27th as the MP demo release date... hehe my birthday... just incase c0mas wants to send me a present 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

c0mas have a question for you on the actual multiplayer configuration for the upcoming demo. So I have this straight is the MP demo going to be a server connect style system when players that download the demo will install and their clients will connect to a central server and the server creates the rooms for us? Or will individual players need to hookup and create/host the games themselves?

And what type of game play will the users be able to do? Will we have like a co-op mission mode or just general multi-player games like assualt, convoy, deathmatch style games?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
c0mas wrote:
- there will be a central server that will keep player stats, and will work as a central hub but it will not generate game rooms

So there is going to be some sort of score/stat board where we can browse all the players stats? Will they be viewable to all players?

c0mas wrote:
- players will be able to generate games that will be visible to the players connected to the above server (with options like password, hidden ... and with search filters, etc.)

Ah so the common rooms we expect from most MP style games. Will there be a chat system in the lobby?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Hey c0mas any new news from Dream Builder Studios? 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Any new news c0mas or Vaipa?

ReplyQuote
Rith
 Rith
(@rith)
Senior Chief Registered

I can hardly wait. I hope you get those bugs worked out!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

That's a nice touch with the total integration of game, website and installer. I have noticed a lot of the newer games in development are slowly going to that model. In my opinion it keeps more people informed/updated and tries to keep the community active.

On the single player portion of the game, is the storyline all penned out now and it is just creating and tweaking everything? The SP game is going to be a branching style system where your success/failure have an impact on the game and its outcome?

Heresy War that is going to be released as one SP/MP game correct?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

c0mas

Has it been decided how multiplayer servers will work? Meaning will DBS host the servers or will players be able to host their own servers? And will server owners be able to modify the universe like they do in Freelancer?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

In Freelancer the mods for the server was both client/server side so the user had to update their install and then connect to the server. But if all of Heresy War mods can be done server side and the client can just get the client updated via the server that would be great. Just interesting on how modding of the MP server will run and how the players would get these.

Anyone here have the bandwidth and the machine to host a MP server?

c0mas will a normal machine (a player just hosting) a game be sufficient or would someone need a actual dedicated server?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Any new developments on Heresy War, c0mas or Vaipa?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

c0mas is there any plans to release a lot more universe info on the website for SP portion of the game? I'm sure your feeling a bit relieved that your starting to get to the end of that long development tunnel 😉

Thanks for the update c0mas... any plans to drop a few new screenshots soon?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Excellent any chance of some new vids. 😀

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Hey c0mas

With Christmas coming shortly is Dream Builder Studios going to deliver a present to everyone soon? 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Thanks c0mas

It will be great to just look at all the work DBS has done on Heresy War and do a comparison against the SP demo and just see all the changes/improvements since the last demo.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Seems very quite on their site are they still around. ❓

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I PM'd c0mas about 2-3wks ago and he said he was going to have some news shortly. I will probably contact him again in July sometime. I hope everything still is on track because the videos that were posted back in Dec gave the impression that the game is coming along nicely.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I see Starlord was on their site a couple of weeks back asking the same thing.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Indeed I have but recieved no reply!

Might you have any darkone? I know cOmas is often on the heresy boards, but I can't get to join him there (furthermore, I can't send him a PM)...

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I sent c0mas a PM and he is pretty good about getting back to me. Last thing I heard from c0mas was that HW work was still moving forward.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

OK! many thanks!

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

might comas actually post some new HW material soon? It's been a while since we last heard anything... Also, the HW boards should be tended to!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2