Notifications
Clear all

Modding in Heresy War

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

From doing some research and reading up on their forums it looks like the developers are really trying to make a community style game that can really be modded in all aspects. This could really work out to their favor. Let your community build your content 🙂 I have no clue why more gaming companies don't adopt this model.

Crap even some people were able to mod the demo game 🙂 Look into Heresy War and try out the demo!

Cornel
(@cornel)
Crewman Registered

Interesting, DarkOne...

Who were those people and where can one download these mods?

Are the mod tools available, then? I couldn't find them... Could you share a link?

Many thanks!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Heresy War forums are down, so I doubt we could attain these. Maybe a developer may have access to something?

Viapa or c0mas maybe be able to help if you PM them.

ReplyQuote
Cornel
(@cornel)
Crewman Registered

I tried to send you a PM but the system wouldn't let me... 🙁

Here's what I wrote:

Hi c0mas!

I've downloaded the demo and wanted to make an "endurance" mod for it (endless waves of enemies of increasing difficulty)... That's why I asked about the tools. I cannot find them for download anywhere. Are they available yet? And when will you release the full game for PC?

Kind regards,

Cornel.

ReplyQuote
Cornel
(@cornel)
Crewman Registered

Hmmm... Strike Wing for PC then, maybe? 😉

But seriously: Any chance of getting the older modding tools pack that is compatible with the mod?

Also, many thanks for taking the time for communicating with me!!!

Cornel.

ReplyQuote
Cornel
(@cornel)
Crewman Registered

Vaipa already informed me that the original (demo-compatible) tools are lost. That's a real shame.

But anyway, maybe he or you can point me in the right direction of the correct (3rd party) programs to use to decompile/edit the following game files:

configWB.scr

data.get

linker.slk

setup.slk

and the .gls scripts...

None of the mod utilities I tried worked, and file analyzers weren't much help either. Notepad++ shows what seem to be compiled (lua?) files...

And I have no idea what your scripting language is... I tried GLscript but no luck...

🙁

ReplyQuote
Cornel
(@cornel)
Crewman Registered

Thank you for your time and trouble, C0mas!

I'll be patiently waiting for a PC release of Strike Wing then! XD

ReplyQuote